Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Slow-Down & Pitch-Change Software

I know this is a re-hash of an old topic, but does anyone have a suggestion on really good,easy to use, free-download, low-memory space software that a simple farm boy can use to help more better learn how to play our favorite instrument. Something that you can easily download songs from Windows Media or CD's into and replay until you can almost figure out what the old fingers really should be doing. Any comments, critcisms, suggestions, etc., accepted, with the exception of 'sell the accordion and take up knitting'. Many thanks in advance.
JB

Re: Slow-Down & Pitch-Change Software

Audacity. Free, easy... Just download it, open the sound file with it, select all, choose effects>change tempo, and knock it down to (-40) or so... export it as an mp3 or play it in Audacity, and "VIOLA!" yes viola! Yuh got that lick. You can also just copy a particular lick/run/whatever and paste it dozens of times into a new file and export that -- throw it on a CD or a player -- and blitz your head until you hear that lick in your sleep.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

R!CK

Amazing Slow Downer. Not free, but limited version available at above link.
Try it. Easy to use. To adjust pitch up one step( i.e. to make a Bb accordion sound like its playing in C), add
1.81 on the pitch slider.

Re: Re: Slow-Down & Pitch-Change Software

Thanks, guys. I will give them both a try. Much appreciated.
JB

...thanks!

Audacity is very user friendly...I downloaded it and had a file running in less than 3 minutes...got it to slow down AND change keys...

...very cool...

Re: Re: Slow-Down & Pitch-Change Software

In Windows Media Player 11, you can change the play speed.

/Gunnar

Re: Re: Re: Slow-Down & Pitch-Change Software

Also without changing the pitch ???

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!