Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just got back from my Lafayette stint

Just spent a week in Lafayette. New Years Eve seems to be a big deal there, but I met mostly people from out of town. Was hoping to connect with locals.

Hit the jams at Savoy Music Center and in Breaux Bridge. Saw John Romano at both of them. He cut his hair, so I didn't recognize him.

If I could figure out how to find work there, I'd probably move.

Re: Just got back from my Lafayette stint

Well, you could always move to the Dallas area and carpool with me and/or Rick. 4hr 15 min I'm in the motherland. If I was any closer I'd OD on gratons.

Re: Re: Just got back from my Lafayette stint

Yeah bud-deee. I've been schemin' for years on how in the heck to move to Acadiana and make a living on something other than big industry. That's why I continue to plug ahead on my day job while keeping music close to the vest. All the while I'm livin' on gumbo and makin' several trips a year to LA (with one dot -- not two!) Havin' family there keeps me connected enough to have a future foot in da door.

But until then, I live everyday as if I were a LA resident with several good Tex-Mex, BBQ, Indian, and sushi restaurants in my parish! I just hafta avoid those ones claimin' to be Cajun... they ain't got a clue.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Just got back from my Lafayette stint

Cajun sushi??? Stay away from the Nutria tar tar.
Steve

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got back from my Lafayette stint

Hey, dont knock nutria.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got back from my Lafayette stint

That belongs on a t-shirt.

Re: Re: Re: Just got back from my Lafayette stint

Sure lucky we have one in Austin that knows Cajun food: Evangeline Cafe

Promises, promises...

Re: Re: Just got back from my Lafayette stint

Whoops... needs clarification...

But until then, I live everyday as if I were a LA resident STUCK IN DALLAS TX. The upside is I'm stuck here with several good Tex-Mex, BBQ, Indian, and sushi restaurants in my "parish!" I just hafta avoid those ones claimin' to be Cajun... they ain't got a clue.

Garfish tacos, choupique sashimi, and nutria vindaloo don't exist on the menus. Yet.

R!CK

I saw Dwight playing fiddle at both venues but recognized him anyway. Don't worry though, he was also playing accordion at the Pon Breaux jam

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!