Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any jam sessions in the Oakland area in the near future??

Hey Braves,
I'm going to be in the Oakland area for a spell and would like to play with you guys out there....I'll bring my fiddles, but can't bring my accordions this time. Blair...Steve....???

See ya,
Kirk Jones

Hi KIrk!

Hi Kirk!

Dana told me about this post--good thing, since I would have missed it otherwise. Haven't really been reading this board for the last year or more, caught up in various things. Some family stuff. Also working on a book I've written, finally done!)

Yes, we do have the jams. A little less regular because of Steve's work schedule this year. (Took a new job in SF, longer commute and lots of evening meetings.)

But let me know when you will be around and I'll be sure we have one then! Would be great to have you with us!

Best,

Blair

Re: Hi KIrk!

Oh, so I'll have to plan even better, the next time I want to "drop by" and catch the jam ?????

Good for Steve. Glad to know that he found something.
Jude

Re: Re: Hi KIrk!

Hey Jude, anytime you "show up" it's already a party :-)

Planning another surprise visit....??

Well, unfortunately, this job is the "interim" (only this year guaranteed) position. Steve has to be an "applicant" for the permanant slot after this year. He'll know at the end of the month. Very stresful.....

Re: Re: Re: Hi KIrk!

Can't tell, it wouldn't be surprise.
Jude

Play some tunes?

Hi Blair, Steve, Mark M.and other Oakland folk
any chance we can play for a few hours on Monday night?
Got a chance to get to California and didn't want to leave without a chance to jam....got my fiddles but couldn't carry an accordion. Lot's of those floating around, I'm sure.
c-ya,
Kirk

Re: Play some tunes?

Hi Kirk,

I responded to the e-mail you sent, but just in case you aren't checking messages on the road, I'll also post it here. Unfortunately, Monday night won't work for us. Any chance for Sunday night? Let me know--it would be great to get together! (You should have my phone number.)

Blair

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!