Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OT: Cheap Eats in and around Lafayette

Nice little story in the IND online, link 1.

They left out Chris's Poboys, which is on Ambassador Caffery in a strange store that's combination gas station/wine and cigar shop. Their roast pork poboys are my favorite in the area. And of course Dwight's for barbecue on Sundays on Johnston used to be a grocery store.

Re: OT: Cheap Eats in and around Lafayette

Thanks for pointing that one out Neal, I've forgotten about half of those places since living in Sulphur. What's funny is they included Stop 92, it's located about 2 minutes from where I grew up, I used to go in there all the time... Too funny !

Re: Re: OT: Cheap Eats in and around Lafayette

I have passed by that Acadian Grocery at the corner of Congress and Rue de Belier for years because my sister lives near there (off W Broussard Rd) and never realized it has food! I will have to stop in for barbecue or boudin balls in the future.

Re: Re: Re: OT: Cheap Eats in and around Lafayette

The best burgers I've had in Lafayette is at the Judice Inn. Cheap, quick, and greasy -- and one of the best.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Cheap Eats in and around Lafayette

Yes, Judice Inn is an institution! Can't get gas there like the ones in the Ind's story, but you can get your car washed next door!

Sure wish I were there or around the area for Mardi Gras!

Hey Rusty

Shoot, I really wanted to stop by to see you when I was in Lafayette, but when I got there, everything went on fast forward, and ground to a standstill at the same time, and I forgot a few folks I wanted to see. Also was nursing a cold bug, so you probably didn't want to see me then anyway.

My apologies for not connecting.

Dwight

Re: Hey Rusty

**** it boy !!! Next time you come down, shoot me an email, that would definitely be great to hook up !

Re: OT: Cheap Eats in and around Lafayette

Can't believe they didn't include the Quik Stop in
Scott...but then again, they did say cheap. I love
their meats, but it is a bit pricy.

Re: Re: OT: Cheap Eats in and around Lafayette

Did you mean Best Stop in Scott? I don't think you can get gas there anymore. Can you? That's how I read it. They only listed places where you could tank up.

Re: Re: Re: OT: Cheap Eats in and around Lafayette

You can get a 7 coarse cajun meal at the Best Stop in Scott for what I consider a cheap price. It consist of 1 yard of boudin and a 6 pack of your choise.

Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Cheap Eats in and around Lafayette

Don't forget the cracklins!

~R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!