Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How to join this forum?

Hello! Is there a way to 'join' or subscribe to this forum? or is it just open to all?
Thank you!
Pam

Re: How to join this forum?

Open to all with the love of diatonic accordions. Just click on post.

Hal

Re: How to join this forum?

....you're soaking in it!

R!CK

Re: Re: How to join this forum?

THAT was funny! Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: How to join this forum?

Welcome, as long as you don't mind being a minority on the gender front. It's all good.
What do you play?

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to join this forum?

Thank you all for your responses! Y'all are awesome!

Currently I play keyboard (piano, church organ), winds and percussion, a bit of harmonica... I travel a lot through southern Louisiana for my work right now, and have become hooked on cajun music via CD.

For myself, I play by ear or note. I'm planning to buy an accordion as soon as budget will allow, and learn to play buttons instead of keys. I love the tunes I've heard and want to be able to play them myself, AND to hear live music any chance I get.

I haven't been everywhere on this forum yet, but am hoping there might be some good used instruments for sale here.

Thank you again for the welcome, and thanks for providing so much great info for a newbie like me! And I don't mind being in the minority at all. It looks like I'm in good company when it comes to being a music-lover.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to join this forum?

Yeppers Ms. Pam! Welcome! Music is the language of life. It penetrates all hearts regardless of language and gender. Well, except for that latest Bollywood song from Rama Rama Kya Hai Drama. But other than that, Cajun and zydeco chaat is unsparing on this board. Yeah, there's a few posters that get off topic, but I'll never call 'em on the carpet.

Welp, better get back to my outspoken manicurist. Gotta keep the nails short for L'Non-sens Two Step.

Peace like Griff,

R!CK

Thank God there's still such a nice projects as yours.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!