Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nice article about Jeffery Broussard today...

Herman Fuselier wrote a nice article about Jeffery Broussard & The Creole Cowboys today in the Daily World and Daily Advertiser. See link #3 above

Re: Nice article about Jeffery Broussard today...

Great article, great person, great artist.

We saw him at Festival Acadiens and he was unbelieveable! Hot, Hot, Hot!

Re: Re: Nice article about Jeffery Broussard today...

Jeffrey is indeed a "chic type", a class act. I had the pleasure to meet him at Balfa camp '06 participate in one of the jam sessions he facilitated. I also captured a presentation during Balfa (see link #2) during which him and Steve Riley were displaying the subtle nuances between Creole and Cajun when approaching the same tune. I love the way Jeffrey plays "If tears were diamonds" (link 1).
Something worth noting is how he plays the one-row: He uses his right-hand thumb constantly. That is unique!
Well deserved article!

40?

wait
this article says he is '40'.
that has to be a typo..
he's at least 60

wle.

Re: 40?

It's not a typo. He's 40.

Jeffrey is not only a great player, but also a great teacher willing to share his knowledge of accordion and fiddle. I've learned from him at Balfa Camp and Fiddle Tunes in Port Townsend, Washington.
See link #2 to hear the Creole Cowboys play on the Swamp'n Roll show. His bass player, Classy Ballou played with Boozoo for many years.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!