Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Little Chenier

I just drove from Thibodaux, LA. to Morgan City LA.
to watch a so called movie. I have never seen anything as bad as that. The plot-there wasn't one-if you want to call it one then try infantile. I don't understand why movies about Cajun people are always about uneducated back in the swamp simpletons. It made Bellizaire the Cajun look like a masterpiece. Don't waste your time or money

Jerry

Re: Little Chenier

I seems as though you didn't enjoy the drive. The previews I saw, the actors were all drinking Abita... so they've gotta be authentic. Right? Right? Somebody correct me here...

Now back to my regularly scheduled Keystone...

R!CK

Re: Re: Little Chenier

The drive was great I just put in a cd by the Jason Frey and made my way back to Thibodaux. The movie was lousy

Re: Little Chenier

I haven't seen the movie, but I know what you mean. Whenever Arkansans (or southerners in general)are portrayed, seems like they're always cartoonish and shallow, not people of substance or dimension. The easy-going but razor-sharp wit and humour, the open and good-natured hospitality, the intelligent and meaningful subtext lurking below the surface of almost every conversation, is nowhere to be found. I think it's because the purveyors of pop culture don't understand these qualities themselves, so how can they portray them?

I know there must be plenty of exceptions. "To Kill a Mockingbird" is the only one that jumps to mind at the moment.

Re: Re: Little Chenier

Well said!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!