Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chris Ardoin - V.I.P.

I know there's not a lot of zydeco mavens on this board, but I picked up Chris' V.I.P. disc in Eunice last Saturday. I'm not understanding the smooth R&B lounge-type zydeco that seems to be the in-thing with Chris, Keith, and J.Paul? I love the hip-hop stuff mixed with zydeco, but can't warm up to smooth "jazzydeco." There's not even a photo of an accordion anywhere on or inside of V.I.P. Only a... a... MICROPHONE!

Is this an experiment? When will we know the results?

But I guess artists experiment, which is cool-- remember Toups and his vocal soul stuff? I guess it's all about the full-circle-effect. Until then, I'll sit back a wait for "Best Kept Secret" (Pt. 2)...

R!CK

Re: Chris Ardoin - V.I.P.

Haven't heard it yet. I'll still pick it up 'cause it's Chris but I agree that if it ain't kickin' it's not for me either.
We will be playing Mardi Gras night in NYC for any Braves in town. 7:30 to 11 at the Murray Street Grill. Brave Nick B. will be in B'klyn that night with the Doc Marshalls and Carrie Rodriguez so it will be a big night in the City on both sides of the river!

By the way Rick, are you going to the Solo Z. fest in Houston? We'll have a nice little crew from Philly there and the Z lineup is to die for.

Solo Zydeco Fest

Pshaw! I wouldn't miss it. It's gonna be so close to Dallas that I'd be dumazz to miss it! The line-up is top-notch! Wish Nooney and Lil' Brian was on it. See you and yours there!

R!CK

Re: Solo Zydeco Fest

For sure Bro. This will be great!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!