Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Musique le Boucherie 2008, Lanse Gris, LA

Click link #2 for a couple of tunes I captured at Bryan Lafleur's annual family boucherie in Lanse Gris, LA, last samedi après midi, 1/19/08. I recorded them on my Edirol while holding on to a cold Miller Lite in one hand and squinting at a pig spinning round and round on a spit over an open fire with my right eye.

Bryan and Cory McCauley were pullin' the box, Bobby Michot was fiddlin', Roland Ledet and Dowell Lafleur were strummin' the guitar. It was a magical day, one that I'll never forget!

Bon temps en le yard de arrière,

R!CK

Re: Musique le Boucherie 2008, Lanse Gris, LA

Sounds like everybody had a great time, except the pig, of course. At least it was committed, not just involved. Wish you had brought your video camera, too.
JB

Very nice...thanks for the post...did I hear the pig
squeal in the background at the end????

Luckily Cory had a louder accordion than mine. That was Roland Guillory with dad on the guitar, and Robert Leblanc was on the other fiddle, he sang the first verse, then Bobby, then Cory, and Robert singing Grand Texas.

I almost fell off my ice chest perch when I spotted a two legged pig saunter into the yard, which I immediately took to be Rick. Luckily for him the graton pot and rotisserie were already occupied.

The squeak in the background was mom's little puppy, which I was eyeing hard for a quick fry in graton grease.

It was a great time in spite of a very wet yard and a late start because of the heavy rain. I will always think that this is the environment where Cajun music sounds best.

I did some video filming, but lost almost all of it, new camera + mucho beer and brandy do not a good combination make.

Thanks for filming that Rick.

Re: Musique le Boucherie 2008, Lanse Grise, LA

Rick, that is one heck of a recorder. Good job and thanks for the clip.

Dowell

Pictures-Boucherie 2008, Lanse Grise, LA

Forgot to mention that a few pictures can seen here:

Boucherie Pictures

Dowell

Re: Pictures-Boucherie 2008, L'Anse Grise, LA

Let me explain about the two-legged pig -- I showed up with a pig mask on. I'll post my pics of the event, eventually, maybe tonight if I get a chance, on my mosquitogumbo pics page.

BTW, I'm pretty terrible with names. Sorry 'bout that. When I left that evening, everyone's name was "Bud" with a last name of "Miller"! Trying to remember everyone the next day was... challenging!

And it's "L'Anse Grise, dangit! (applying the Vulcan Memory Hold) I'm lucky I can spell "boucherie"!

R!CK

Re: Re: Pictures-Boucherie 2008, L'Anse Grise, LA

Ha, yeah, I should have clarified that pig thing, it made sense in my mind. That was a nice touch by the way.

Re: Re: Pictures-Boucherie 2008, L'Anse Grise, LA

Hey, don't sweat the names man, so long as you don't forget where those little buttons are on the Falcon. And if you ever have trouble remembering Bud and Miller, it'll be my pleasure to help you.

Dowell

Re: Pictures-Boucherie 2008, Lanse Grise, LA

That's really great to hear and to see. Sorry for the pig...
Who is Bryan on the pics?

Gus

Re: Re: Pictures-Boucherie 2008, Lanse Grise, LA

That'd be me in the red checkered shirt/and/or blue sweat shirt and camo cap, and gutting knife.

Re: Re: Pictures-Boucherie 2008, Lanse Grise, LA

Bryan is the one with blue jacket, blue jeans, red shirt with black strips, and camo cap, and is sitting the left on the ice chest with Corey McCauley.

Dowell

...what a great slice of life...thank you for sharing.

The Recorder

Rick, is it the Edirol R-09 recorder that you used for this recording? If it is, then I think I'm about to send my bank account into a full "tilt."

Dowell

Re: The Recorder

Unfortunately, yes. I used the Edirol R-09. Please accept my apologies. I wish it sounded worse but it continues to surpass any portable recorder I've ever used.

R!CK

Re: Re: The Recorder

I have one on the way! Life is so hard.

Dowell

Re: Re: Re: The Recorder

Ah bien ça c'était un bon temps... il va falloir que j'aille vous visiter un jour...:-)

Thanks for sharing the pics and sound.

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Recorder

I posted photos of last Saturday's L'Anse Grise boucherie. Link #2 or see the link below...

Enjoy!

http://mosquitogumbo.exposuremanager.com/g/lanse_gris_la_-_lafleur_boucherie_11908

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Recorder

And explains the two legged pig comment. One of the nicest and multi talented couchons I've ever met, but still he was lucky the graton pot and rotisserie were already occupied.

Man I wish I could have come to that. I'd sure help ya'll out with some pig cooking. LOL! Bruce

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!