Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jimmy Breaux

Jimmy Breaux (accordionist with Beausoleil) has just purchased a new Martin in the key of D. Sold his red Gros Bec to a collector.

Also be on the lookout for Jimmy's new CD coming out soon. In studio getting final mix as we speak. Jimmy Breaux and Friends Recorded Live at Festival Acadiens in 2006.

Re: Jimmy Breaux

Cool...I recorded some of the festival performance on
my handy cam, it would be good to have a better sound track

Well, that is something to look forward to. Jimmy's other two solo albums have been among my favorites for a long time.

I always thought it would be really cool to sit down with him for an hour or two and have him break down a couple of tunes.

-David

Re: Re: Jimmy Breaux

All I can say is Jimmy Breaux is THE MOST AWESOME ACCORDION PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE! Yep, you can disagree all you want. Flame away at me; I have the power of Jimmy on my side. But hey, check this out...

Jimmy Breaux.... Jimmy Hendrix... Jimmy Page... Jimmy Vaughn.... Jimmy Buffett...

Anyone sense a coincidence here? Hello?! Doesn't take a rocket scientist to make a connection.

If you don't own both of Jimmy Breaux's solo CDs, then you don't need a reason to stay awake at night... staring at the ceiling fan, wondering how can look so simple yet produce so much volume and comfort?

An elderly trapper from Lake Bigeaux once said to me, "Beware ye that spins the disc of Jimmy. For ye shall weep with joy and cower with fear for ye shalt not ever heard such magic." He said it a little bit different with that Cajun accent and stuff, but that was kinda the gist I heard.

Check this out...

Just last week I was snaring dove in my backyard using rat traps and.... no wait, that was Corey. Last week I ran over a raccoon in my truck. Hit him HARD! "Kah-BOONK-ah!!" So I stopped, got out and was gonna cut off the tail because I think they're cool. Well I happened to be playing Jimmy's CD at the time, I believe it was his "Lonesome Night Waltz" off of his "Le Chemin Que T'as Pris" disc. It was blasting through my Jensen Triax 2's as I walked, oh maybe 20 yards towards the lump of blood and hair. About the time I got to that flattened critter, the CD switched to the "Wandering Aces Special" and I'll be a monkey's uncle if the raccoon hopped right up and wandered right off into the hackberry like nothing happened.

Jimmy's music has healing power. It also has other powers that unlock the mind -- like nicotine does. Nicotine can calm you down OR pick you up -- it does whatever you want it to do at the time. That's Jimmy Breaux's music... it's pure nicotine and just as addictive. There's something in it that I can't put my finger on (and don't start with me on that B# concept). I doubt he's playing in B# (he might be) but I DO think he's done something different in the studio to the sound of his accordions. I think he's playing in keys that none of us can actually hear -- and I think he doubles tracks them, i.e., one in the standard key and the other in the altered key. Plus, you ever notice he doesn't sing? I think that's a sign.

Whatever Jimmy Breaux's doing (or not doing) -- he's healing things. You should see my ficus tree -- the one in my living room next to my CD player. I play Jimmy's music when my daughter's deadbeat boyfriend shows up and he immediately leaves. I get a sales call on my phone, turn up Jimmy's jam and poof, they hang up. I take Jimmy fishing and I get that 5 pound bass that Robert Earl Keen kept singing about. I play Jimmy Breaux before I check the mail everyday and I find rebate checks for things I bought years ago. The list goes on and on.

Jimmy... yeah he's making a lot of people and critters really happy.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Jimmy Breaux

Obviously, Jimmy also enables you to find beer in the bottom shelf of your fridge, behind the old Picante bottles and lettuce, that you thought you had lost. Lots and lots of beer.

See you Thursday, Bro'!

NAC bound, Jamey

Re: Re: Re: Jimmy Breaux

I meant to reply to your wonderful response about my new project and all the interesting thing's you had to say about my music but I've been pretty busy. Thank's for being such a great fan and person. We definetly need to hook up one day and play music and talk. You were one of the very few that had any comment on my new project that'll be coming out. It was a friend of mind that decided to advertise it on accordion discussion. Thank's again!

Update!!!
Jimmy Breaux and Friends are:
Jamey Bearb - Fiddle and vocals
Roddie Romero - Slide Guitar
Brian Bourque - Electric bass
Jeff Romero - Drums
Mike Doucet - Special Guest (Beausoleil)
David Doucet - Special Guest (Beausoleil)
and of course:
Jimmy Breaux - Accordion

A group of friends get together with Jimmy and perform unrehearsed at Festival Acadiens in 2006. Another friend records the audio and gives it to Jimmy. Some more friends finally convince him to release it.

So why not call it Jimmy Breaux and Friends!!!!

Look for:
Lonely Girl Waltz
Scott Playboy Special
Mermentau Waltz
Accordion Two Step
Allons a Lafayette
and more....

Should be out by summer.

Jimmy Breaux Live!
Final Mix accomplished. Working on CD cover and Liner notes next. Gonna be a hot CD guys.

Hey Rick, Jimmy would like to meet you and jam if you are ever in Lafayette.

I just saw and met Jimmy Breaux at Balfa Camp. Talk about an incredible player! He makes it look smoother and more effortless than anyone I saw. And he is a very humble, nice person. It was a pleasure to meet him, and I can't wait to buy some of his CD's.

He's the real deal.

-Jamey

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!