Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my new baby

Hi y'all,

I've got a new baby at home. Thought I'd share a picture with you.

I didn't remember how demanding a new accordion was on arm muscles... I'm doing some serious exercise here! But it is getting more flexible and sounds absolutely great... and loud.

Mr Greg Mouton has done a very nice job.

See link #1.

Nicole

Re: my new baby

Greg's a wonderful craftsman AND a wonderful person too! Congratulations! It's beautiful!

Re: my new baby and tired arms

If you would buy Marc Savoy's video "The Gospel According to Marc: Part II", you will find some great tips on playing technique including how to not overwork you arms. One trick is to try playing your new baby with the front bellows strap closed. It will force economy of movement. I recently ordered it myself and found it quite good. The section on tuning taught me quite a lot as well. See link #3 above: go to Cajun Store, then Films.

Re: Re: my new baby and tired arms

Dis-Donc, C'est beau ca!

Very nice. Gotta ask. Did you use the Bud can as the color sample or did it just work out that way? Next one, match a can of Guiness and use it as your Irish box!

Steve

Wunderfull accordion.
How is the sound ?

Re: Re: my new baby

Belle petite adition à ta collection. Félicitation!
What key is it in?

Do you mind if I ad the pic in my Facebook accordion pictures collection?

Re: Re: Re: my new baby

Thanks everyone...
The accordion is in the key of C.

However, the Budweiser red wasn't planned at all... (But aren't these beer cans fun and cute?) I only happen to love red, and Mr Mouton had this nice red plate ready...

Since January I had the time to get the bellows less stiff, so now it is very pleasant to play. I think it is ready for Balfa camp now. A-hee!

Maz, for the picture collection, why not? The builder is Greg Mouton from Crowley (Mouton music store).

Nicole

Re: Re: Re: Re: my new baby

Nicole - That Mouton is a looker!

Don't you also have a Melodie en rouge?

Could you put up a picture of that as a comparison?

Merci.

Steve Blais

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my new baby

Very beatiful Nicole. congrats. Are three of the buttons red or is that just a reflection in the picture? Also, the buttons look like metal with mother of pearl on top. Is that right? I love the color scheme.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my new baby

Thank you... Buttons are flat and all metal, flappers also.

I'll try to post soon a picture of my Melodie (Quebec made) accordion, since Mr Steve asked. It has wood flappers. It is another style but very nice also.

Nicole

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!