Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
technical questions for builders/makers

Hi, and this is seriously meant Rick, down boy, lay off, & some day on some planet i might buy you a beer if you do, or even don't ...!
- REEDS; about breaking in new reeds (binci in this case): - i have found that well & toughly used (non rusty) reeds sound sort of much smoother ; fixed & tuned two older accordions recently, and they sound defenitely better to me. Also compared a same wood type 15 years old Acadian, played tough and tuned several times, to a 1 year old one played by an Old Lady (for you Rick, but down boy, down!): same thing, the old beast sounded less sharp, louder and with a nice sort of smooth harmonic overtones. Opninions ??
- GLUE; what type of glue is generally used for attaching melody buttons to the wood below? Titebond? I want to exchange the metal ones of a Bon Cajun for the more rounded higher type plastic ones. Maybe someone has a tip were to order them? What are the sizes in USA non metric-measurements then?
- D-SET; has any one a preferably complete set of used Binci's in D for sale? Or other quality brand?

regs, Nout

Re: technical questions for builders/makers

don't offend my friend Rick.

He'll glue you

Gus

reeds

about the bincti reeds in D: ask Ron Jansen. Ask Ron van D for his adress. He might have some somewhere (had some a fw yrs ago).

glus

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!