Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Toads love my box

I was playing back on my screen porch the other night and I notice two toads had come out of their holes to listen. They sat up tall and didn't move a muscle until I stopped and they popped back out of view. Is this a good thing?

Capt. Everett

P.S
Any of you braves ever get to Austin, drop me a line and we'll get together. Go see Charles Thibodeaux and call some toads out of their holes. I hate this electronic/on-line relationship. It is so shallow.

My box has been opening up relationships I would never have had otherwise. Expanding my world, not to mention driving the cats nuts.

Re: Toads love my box

Thats pretty funny, when we are playing bluegrass my cat gets all mad looking, but when we drop the banjo and mandolin and grab the accordion and triangle he twirls around our feet. Go figure that one!!!!!

Toads are pretty picky about music. It could have something to do with flies, Captain.

You know I'm just yankin' yer proverbial chain, my brutha!

Love to make it down to Bevo Land one of these quiet weekends and coerce you to show me that toad trick (glad your licks are reserved for the accordion and not the toads). But the same extension of courtesy goes out to you and all the contributors here -- if you're in Texas, you can hang with me, too! It's big enough for all of us! Ha!

I'm opening for Rosie Ledet here this Saturday night. I can't wait to see her fling her hair, man! Rosie is a thrill to experience!

Peace out and you're driving the ship for now, cap!

R!CK

Re: Re: Toads love my box

The frogs love the croaking of the bass side, especially the bass for waltzes

Re: Re: Re: Toads love my box

That makes total sense, Mr. Jim!

Wahwahrown!

~R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Toads love my box

Well, as ex biologist i'd say one should examine the situation more thoroughly: start by finding a find a grant for financing the lot from a university by putting the right presentation of questions together, otherwise they won't likely fund it.
Some case & cause related suggestions if i may: - 1 brand of accordion - 2 Tuning (was the tuning wet enough etc) - 3 type of tune played - 4 do visual aspects or size of bellows has any sexual appeal towards a frog or toad.
But also the less obvious ones: - 1 state of mind of the player - 2 weed or alcohol involvement, - 3 state of the player itself (things like smelly feet draw flies & flies draw frogs etc. and maybe -4 environmental ones like absence of predators due to the accordion itself, or - 5 predatory duty calls for romantic affairs elsewhere caused by moonlight.
Get that right and you've got finances for years of payed for accordion playing and maybe a secretary to boot for your personal catering without even having to leave the front porch. - nout

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Toads love my box

Nout! hahahaha! I'm rolling in my pleather chair!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Toads love my box

Want to help write the grant proposal?

Re: Re: Toads love my box

tre jolie fille, no?

Nout -- that's genius!!!

R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!