Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
little repair work

Hello all
Last night while sitting in my kitchen playing, my five button lost all action / spring. Help! what do I do to get it back? Is this something I can fix myself or do I need to find someone. I live in Mich, so I fear I may not easily find someone who can work on a botton box.
Thank you thank you thank you for any help you can give.
(I have only been playing for a few months, but find myself a bit addicted to it - I'd hate to have to send it off for a few weeks.)

Re: little repair work

Karl, that depends on what brand and/or make of accoridon you have.

If it was a Hohner HA114, it's not impossible to replace the spring, just a pain in the arse. I've finally sat down and figured out how to replace them with safety pins (gotta have the right size coil, though)

If it was a Louisiana handmade, it's extremely easy to replace a spring, just gotta ask around the accordion builder community for help finding one.

If it was an Arriette or Weltmeister one row, you're pretty much SOL. I've had that happen in the past. Just gotta move on to a better accordion.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!