Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Modify my Cajun King

Hi everybody. Just got my brand new Gabb Cajun King delivered and already I´m sitting with the screwdriver and welding iron in my hands. I´ve mounted a microphone on the inside of the bellows. Real cool and different sound! When I was sorting this thing out, I noticed there´s no gasket or seal around the stop buttons on the top of the melodeon. Even my old crappy Ariette had some type of seal. How about your fancy LA made boxes? How is that problem solved on them? Any pictures or tips? Thanks all for a superb forum!

Re: Modify my Cajun King

Never seen stop bumpers before, what exactly are they?

Re: Re: Modify my Cajun King

How would it be a problem if the holes where the stops protrude never leak?

I've never seen that and I've owned some crappy accordions with extremely loose stops (i.e. Honer HA114 with stops that always drop). Even if they did leak, it's nothing a little melted reed wax wouldn't fix.

Re: Re: Re: Modify my Cajun King

you can seal the post of a stop with a little bit of accordion wax ...... did that with a pretty new acadian recently, works fine - nout

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

How would it be a problem if the holes where the stops protrude never leak?

I've never seen that and I've owned some crappy accordions with extremely loose stops (i.e. Honer HA114 with stops that always drop). Even if they did leak, it's nothing a little melted reed wax wouldn't fix.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!