Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Bit Off Topic But Look at This Beautiful Box

Okay, I love Cajun music as much as anyone. In fact, I love it so much I am selling my Irish double row.

Check out the link #2 above. It is a beautiful handbuilt double row, 3 voice accordion (note the stop on top). Made of oak by Cairdin in Ireland. A sweet sounding box for sure. It is a shame to let it sit in the corner when my Bon Cajun gets all of the attention so I am going to let it go.

Really fast bellow action. When I used to take it to sessions, everyone would ask to play it.

Bob O'M>

Re: A Bit Off Topic But Look at This Beautiful Box

OOOO. I've seen and had a try playing one of these last year and, yes, Cairdin makes a sweet box. Somewhere I heard they are no longer in business, though I may be wrong.

Capt. E

Re: Re: A Bit Off Topic But Look at This Beautiful Box

Sorry, didn't see the site reference. Yes, they are there. New, a 3 voice like that goes for around $3000.00 Euros !!! That's $6000.00 x?!!%!!

Capt. E

Re: Re: Re: A Bit Off Topic But Look at This Beautiful Box

Well, I had estimated it at 2400 euros or about $3800. So it is a good deal and the box is in perfect condition. I have gotten a few inquiries from Ireland, hoping to leverage the exchange rate I guess.

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Bit Off Topic But Look at This Beautiful Box

The current price listed on the Cairdin site for a Two Voice Deluxe is 2400 euros. This three voice with a stop would probably be about 3200 euros. Isn't the euro now valued at $2 ?? Whatever...it's a beautiful box that probably sounds even better and easily worth your starting price of $1400

Capt. E

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Bit Off Topic But Look at This Beautiful Box

I've owned two of these.. very nice indeed.. loud, solid, not light.. but durable.

Sharon Shannon plays a two voice model ..

I have on B/C left.. a mint Soprani from the 60's.. tough to get the hang of the continental tuning/fingering system.

G.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!