Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Triple row, and a question for Maz

Hi All,

I'm looking for a lower priced triple row in F-Bb-Eb. So, first question, Maz, if you still have it, any interest in selling your Panther in that key?

Next, any suggestions as far as what to get? I realize that the Hohner Compadre only has two sets of reeds, but I'm wondering if that's the way to go, as I'm not seeing anything else in the $500 price range in that key.
Thanks, Scott

Re: Triple row, and a question for Maz

Hello Scott, I still have my Panther in F-Bb-Eb and have no intention on selling it. However, I'm not sure if I was to do it again if I would really look for another key than CGF (like the regular Panther).

The guy I bought it from was a dealer somewhere in Ontario Canada. The price was very good (definitely below $500). I can try to locate him if you're interested. What do you need that key for?

Re: Re: Triple row, and a question for Maz

So he can play Motor Dude Special in the Key of Eb!

Re: Re: Re: Triple row, and a question for Maz

Hey Johnny and Maz,

Johnny's right! I had a lesson with Jeffery Broussard, and he showed me Motor Dude and a few other tunes on his FBbEb triple - so I figure it would be easiest to stick with that. Maz, thanks for being willing to find the guy who sold you your box - I've actually already been in touch with him (I almost bought one of those Panthers at the same time you did, so I still had his email). Turns out he can't get that key in a Panther anymore. So unless I hear something otherwise, it may be the Compadre for me. Scott

Re: Re: Re: Re: Triple row, and a question for Maz

Actually a GCF would be fine. You can get Cory Ledet's DVD from Wilson Savoy and adjust it so it is in GCF. This way you can still get a Panther and be on your way.
Good luck in your search.

Re: Triple row, and a question for Maz

That's what I did. The Panther is a good box, just a tad thin with 2 reeds per note. I'd love to hear the new Corona IIIN. MML reed arrangement. Anyone have a chance to listen to one yet?

Re: Re: Triple row, and a question for Maz

What's the price difference between a Panther and Compadre? I say if it's a lot, go with the Panther in CGF. BTW, here's a nice link (#2) of Jeff Broussard on his 3-row singing "If teardrops were diamonds"... Very nice!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!