Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please with my new Blue FALCON "C"

I am currently engaged and plan to get married in July 2009. My fiance wanted to get me something nice so she ordered my present a year ahead of time thinking it would take a year to build. 3 months later my present was completed. Shocked that it had only taken 3 months her plan was to hold out and hide it until next year so that she could give it to me as a wedding present.

When she went to go pick it up the builder/maker explained that the gift was like a new car and that you couldn't just set it up for a year without using it. So he called her a few times to ask if she had given me the gift yet and she kept telling him "No".

After about a month of holding out, she couldn't take it anymore, and she gave me the gift a year early. The guy that kept pestering her to give me the gift was Randy Falcon, and the gift was a brand new Blue FALCON "C" Accordion. It seems as if I haven't put this thing down since I got it. In my opinion FALCON accordions are the best looking, playing, and sounding cajun diatonic melodeons made. The accordion is so powerful with so little bellow movement it is unbelievable. I can't thank my fiance enough. This is be the best present that I have ever recieved. I can't think of a better gift (other a double key FALCON). I would recommend a FALCON accordion to anyone.

Since the purchase Randy and I have become good friends. Randy was right when he said that an accordion was like a car, but what he failed to mention is how my accordion was like a Cadillac.

See link # 1 for photos & link # 2 for videos.

Thanks
Brett Thibodeaux

Re: Please with my new Blue FALCON "C"

Very nice, our former Blue metal flake tuck and roll speakers would have went great with it

Re: Re: Please with my new Blue FALCON "C"

Hey Brett - I concur with the Falcon quality, mechanics and sound... I've been a very satisfied Falcon fan and owner for 15 years. But it's hard to convince others that have never pulled a Falcon box. All the other handmades are excellent, but I know Falcons are the supreme experience. Congrats!

R!CK

why not marry her right now?

that would be your surprise for her...

Suppose you got it on your wedding day.....
you could have spoilt her honeymoon.
Gus

Re: why not marry her right now?

Nice interpretation of "Quand j'étais pauvre"..and very nice box!.:-)

ps: the red Bon Cajun on your site is identical to my my Bon Cajun.

Re: Re: why not marry her right now?

Thanks, I learned this from a Sean Vidrine tutorial video on YouTUBE. Gotta love those free lessons.

I also have a Bon Cajun that I enjoy playing. For the money you can't beat em.

Gus that is funny as all get-out! A wife-in-waiting, giving the man of her dreams a brand spanking new Falcon... I'd be calling the caterer and hiring the band right now!

Alas, here's the thing, tho... after the wedding she needs to buy Brett another new box every couple of years. That will make for a very happy marriage, le no?

R!CK

I am getting Kevin Naquin to play at the wedding and I'm sure he wouldn't be able to book anything with this short of a notice. I need to save up money also. Otherwise I would.

You're right the honeymoon would have been very romantic with me, my baby, and my accordion.

Brett Thibodeaux

that's the best looking (and sounding) blue box I have ever seen...dark blue. Congratulations on the box and the upcoming wedding. That's a wife who understands.

Wow, what's that gonna cost you??

Nice box.. nice going.. I sold all my C boxes and kept my Falcon..

Re: Re: Please with my new Blue FALCON "C"

I need a girl that will buy me accordions.

Hey Brett,
Great looking box, Falcon accordions are great. Had a chance to play one at Augusta and I got to play Kaleb T Falcon in Grove OK, he let me play his white 2 key box in between his sets. Bless the good woman that gave you your accordion, congrats on your upcoming wedding next year!
MarkS

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!