Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Bon Temps (pictures/sound clip)

Just received my new Bon Temps accordion in F, by Jude Moreau. This baby sings! The sound of this F accordion reminds me of a cross between a nuclear submarine and a merry-go-round.

Thanks to Rick Reid for helping me graphically design it!

Anyway, here's some pictures and there's a sound clip on Website Link #1.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: New Bon Temps (pictures/sound clip)

Just beautiful...both the look and the sound...congratulations to you and to Jude who build such a nice box.

Re: Re: New Bon Temps (pictures/sound clip)

Oh my God! I am in love!

I'm speechless! Hat's off to you, JP and Jude! Good heavens what a box with looks and sound!!!!

CONgrats!

~R!CK

Re: Re: Re: New Bon Temps (pictures/sound clip)

Nice box. Jim, do I have your permission to post the pic on the Facebook group for players?

Jim that is Rockin'!

Love the look and really dig the sound.

You can't hardly put it down, can you?

peace,
Griff

As I'm looking at those pictures and listening to the recording you made, the aroma of my first batch of mayhaw jelly this season is filling the kitchen. Oh man. Great job Jude and Jim. (I already have 2 accordions made by Jude but that one sure is tempting)

Hey David,
We made a batch aof MayHaw Jelly this weekend too!!!
Jude

Good golly!

Wow! My favorite color and bellows combo. That box rocks, so F-A-T! And your playing is pretty scary great too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Bon Temps (pictures/sound clip)

I'm jealous.

Hey Jim,
That is sweet,love the working of the two colors black and white, like the knobs being white, great looking and great sounding accordion.
MarkS

Maz- Of course you can use the pictures in the photo album.

Griff- You're absolutely right, I can't put it down. I got it around 1 o'clock this afternoon and have been playing it for about 9 hours.

The loudest I've played it was for the recording, however. I'm going to break the reeds in real quietly

Thanks dudes, I love this accordion too!

Congrats Jim, and very nice playing.

A Huge thumbs up to Mr. Jude Moreau!

I'm thoroughly in love with this F accordion. I'm glad I don't have a girlfriend, because she would have left me by now.

I haven't put it down for more than ten minutes at a time all day.

Jude, this is a wonderful, wonderful instrument. It reminds me of birds singing. It probably will sing with them if I don't get any sleep tonight.

This has made me forget my inevitable problems and brings me new life

Re: A Huge thumbs up to Mr. Jude Moreau!

Jim...ANOTHER great accordion from Jude.

NICE bit of thought and collaboration gone into the visuals with your new Baby!..and keyed in F....intriguing change from the C,D, Bb tradition.

My Bon Temps Bb is still my pride and joy!!...been using it at gigs and it's as solid as a rock, looks great, sounds SO good..all I need to do is play it better to get the most out of it!!

Congrats, Jim.

Darryl, Australia.

Re: Re: A Huge thumbs up to Mr. Jude Moreau!

Darryl- Yes sir, this is one fine accordion. I stayed up all night playing it quietly. In fact, I've been playing it since I got it yesterday afternoon. No sh*t!

F is such a nice key. I've got a Martin in E that is really nice sounding too. I love higher keys.

I got me a really LOW 'G' on the way from Marc Savoy. I even specified the low octave for the bass side, so this thing is gonna growl

Re: Re: Re: A Huge thumbs up to Mr. Jude Moreau!

Interesting about you getting that Low G..I made mention some time back of the Ab accordion that I saw and heard Geno Delafose play..man, did that sound good....so a half-step lower G should really rumble.

Do you think the G will be a little harder to ' pump ' with those big reeds??....I mean, how low can you go before you need a compresser to work the bellows? Ha!

I vaguely recall Jude saying something about the lower key accordions needing more effort .
In comparison,for me, a D for example is a breeze to play as far as physical effort goes.

Of course, a little thing called technique may overcome all obstacles!!

Darryl.

I may have to take you up on lessons just to see the box first hand. What a beauty!
Absolutely stunning.

craig

to Craig

You don't have to do a lesson to see the box, you should come by and hang out.

I also got my Hohner Panther the same exact day, yesterday. The thing is a really good accordion for the fact that it's under 400 dollars.

Only thing is, I don't have the first idea how to play it.

When I'm used to having more buttons on the left side, it's with a piano accordion.

It's like trying to unlearn, with a triple row

I think Jude just sold a bunch of new boxes whether he knows it or not. Great job, man that is awesome!!!!!!! Bruce

Hadn't thought of the white knobs either. The other idea I have for my next box is black with gold flappers/ red trim, red bellows folds, brass keys and corners. There is an older Acadian on the Cajun Accordion Gallery group on Ebay just like that. There is a Falcon there as well that looks just like yours but for black knobs. I love the Black, white and chrome.

I'm just trying to decide on the key, probably D, but F sure sounds nice. I like that calliope sound.

Capt. E.

In a word- Sweet!!!

I love it. And nice graphics, Rick.

Hey Jude: What do your boxes start at? bruceweeks1@yahoo.com

can i ask what jude charges to build a box

Brian, my accordion was $1600. That is a great deal considering what others charge now adays.

Oh la la ! Gorgeous! Looks modern and old at the same time.
Congrats!
Nicole

Very nice and "special" accordion Jim. I say special because of the origin of it. I still recall when you brought the idea to the board. Braves jumped in and offered suggestions, drawings etc. Then a regular poster is commisioned to do the build. The finished product is posted here as well as some sound clips. From beginning to end all here in this little community. Special...Enjoy.
Greg

Simon, Paula and Randy agree ..

Top shelf, Jim :-)

Magnifique!

--Big

Bravenet Born

Greg,

you know I never even thought about that! Sure enough it's a bravenet born accordion. Haha, and I did let you hear it's first few words as it took it's baby steps!

Jude makes a great accordion for a good price.

He went beyond the call of duty painting those white stripes and fingerboard.

I originally figured that constantine's would have a 1/4 inch solid white for the bellow's frame, but they didn't.

Jude went and painted them on there. How cool is that? I don't know of any other builder that would have done that

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!