Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
still wanting a "c" cajun accordion

hi all,

i am still looking for a used c louisana made. i would like to find out about poullard. i think i met him and liked him alot, last week and i heard he also makes accordions.

i might try to save up and get one of the big 3, but i thought i would ask for ideas. thank you

Re: still wanting a "c" cajun accordion

If you are looking for suggestions, I suggest that you go out and buy a new one. You might find a used one, but you might wait a very long time. And, even if you do find one, it won't be for a whole lot less money than a new one. On top of that, if you buy a new one, you get to work with the builder to conjure up the accordion of your dreams. Why settle for someone else's leftovers?

If you talk to Ed, tell him Dave S. says hi.

-David

Re: Re: still wanting a "c" cajun accordion

David is absolutely correct. Quite honestly, there's a few excellent accordion builders that are principal contributors on this board. They all offer top-notch quality accordions for the fees you'd pay to the "big 3". Check out: "Bon Temps" accordions; "Poullard" accordions ( you already know about); and Rusty's "Heritage" accordions.

This is also a very good link:

http://squeezeboxbuilders.blogspot.com/

"New" is far better than inheriting the gris-gris from some ol' shipwreck!

~R!CK

Re: Re: Re: still wanting a "c" cajun accordion

...Let's make that ..."for the fees LESS than what you'd pay the big three..."

...Me not likey not being able to edit me posty... Then again proof-reading a knee-jerk response is not something I enjoy...

Here's some more dots, dammit............................................

R!CK

Link #1 is a list of most of the builders with phone etc. You might be quite surprised what you can get a new one for from Ed Poullard, Danny Dyson or Jude Moreau, among others.

However, last I talked to Ed (link #3) he was not taking new orders...that was back in October and that may have changed. He makes accordions during the winter mainly, not year round. Ed and Jude live with-in 10 minutes of each other, Jude helped Ed learn to build.
I have a LeCapitaine by Danny Dyson and love it (link #2), very much lower in price new that the big three.

Good luck deciding. It can be tough.

Capt. Everett

Kathy, give Cecil Fontenot a call. He is the manager at Floyd's Records in Ville Platte, LA., and he just finished making a beautiful blonde curly maple in C. I played it while I was down there, and liked it very much. Also, Briggs Brown's daddy, Gregg, had a beauty in C that he just finished, which I also played and loved. I think he lives in Iota; you can probably get his number from Larry Miller. Finally, Larry's grandson Jay makes fine accordions. All these are very reasonably priced, with Cecil's being the least expensive at $1600.

I'm sure all the others mentioned so far are great as well.

-Jamey

Re: Re: still wanting a "c" cajun accordion

I was in contact with Jay Miller (Bon Cajun) three weeks ago and he had two left from his most recent batch. One is already gone for a friend here in Halifax. The other one might be available. Very reasonably priced for a top quality box.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!