Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Acadian up on Ebay.

Link #1 . Pretty box, strange description, seems like someone who really doesn't know Cajun Accordions. Didn't give the key (assume C) Looks new and probably a fair price, but he needs to write a better ad to get it. Case?

Capt. E.

Re: Another Acadian up on Ebay.

boy that really is a bizarre and meaningless description

at least it;s long though.

wle.

Re: Beware!

There is something very fishy about this listing.
I would not touch it at any price unless you want to get burned.

1. Seller has no feedback.

2. The pictures are from Marc's Video

3. Nothing about the accordion in the listing at all.

Re: Re: Beware!

I sent the seller a question about what key it is in and no response...yet

The price doesn't look particularly good to me.

The price doesn't look particularly good to me.

Even if this is legit, which seems debatable, I doubt that he'll ever get any bids on it.

-David

That Ebay seller is either a fraud or something else I shouldn't say in a subject box

As DP said, that's not the accordion he's selling. No description, pictures are from stills of Marc's DIY accordion building video.

Real fishy. Like rotten fishy.

Re: That Ebay seller is either a fraud or something else I shouldn't say in a subject box

le poisson puant!

Re: Re: That Ebay seller is either a fraud or something else I shouldn't say in a subject box

WHAT?! A disingenuous human misrepresenting an article for solicitation to flimflam a sucker for a buck? ON EBAY?! SAY IT ISN'T SO!

hehe,

R!CK

i asked about keys, reeds and wood

i asked about keys, reeds and wood
this is what he said back

===
Sir it was my fathers and he passed away recently. So I am selling most of his stuff on ebay. I know the cajun accordion is about 3 years old. So yes sir I don't know much about accordion and I called Marc Savoy who made my fathers Accordion to give me an idea on how much i should sell it for. He said aroung a couple of grand. I asked him if he could give me information about my fathers accordion such as keys, type of toning and such but he no longer builds the Cajuns. So he lost most of the memory to the Cajun model.
Thank YOu
Dave
====

which doesn;t really make sense
i think he;s just ignorant
he does have a bunch of other music stuff on ebay
even an oud.

i told him for 2k he is going to need to know something about it, and good luck not knowing

wle.

Re: i asked about keys, reeds and wood

...he no longer builds the Cajuns. So he lost most of the memory to the Cajun model. -Do they even realize it is Marc in the pics? The description sounds like the one from DIY site. Might be a toothy fishy. poisson arme'

Re: Re: i asked about keys, reeds and wood

i guess that IS marc
hair color looked a little light at first to me

wle

I have sent him more questions similar to the ones already asked of him, just to see if he responds the same.

I also asked him to send me more photos.

Looking at the other items he is trying to sell, this is what I think he is doing. He is downloading photos of something off the internet, stealing some sort of caption or write-up about it and VOILA "Lets make Money!".

I am waiting to hear back from this Cat, but I'm with you guys. I would bet 2000 that he is a fraud before I would pay 2000 for a internet dream of receiving an Acadian accordion. Just my thoughts..

Brett Thibodeaux

Marc no longer builds the Cajuns????? First I've heard of that.

Re: i asked about keys, reeds and wood - SCAM!!!

This is a caption of the response I got back from this guy when I asked him detailed questions about the accordion for sale.

====
I will get all detailed info. from my father.
Thanks Dave
====

I thought his father was dead????

This is definitely a scam!

I have sent a request to have this guy's membership revoked.

Brett Thibodeaux

Re: The price doesn't look particularly good to me.

that is what i predict too
no bids

wle

Wonder if he'll post some pictures

Re: Wonder if he'll post some pictures

Someone call Marc to see if he got a call from this guy? In any case I saw that ad..and recognized Marc and the senseless copy and paste ad..

either the guy is clueless or a fraud..

buyers beware..

G.

"C sharp is what is the key "

"C sharp is what is the key "

this is what he said...

wle.

Re: Another Acadian up on Ebay.

Those are vidcaps from Marc video and the DIY series. It takes more effort and knowledge to make vidcaps than to take pictures if you have the accordion in hand. If you look closely at the pic of the accordion by itself, it has the words "Handmade Music" engraved in the side. I was at the taping of the finale of this series, and I know who got that accordion.

I would lay money that this is a scam before I would bid money.

Re: Re: Another Acadian up on Ebay.

I just called Ebay and they agree it looks like a fraud. It will probably disappear shortly along with all that guy's other ads.

Capt. E.

Another Acadian up on Ebay.

99% this is a blatant scam. I have emailed ebay. I have been ripped off in the past on ebay. Not a pleasant thing to happen.

Who would seriously use this in their description....

'The keyboard will attach to the faceplate and the bass box will attach to the back plate. In between the two (distributing the air power through the two plates) will be the bellows.'

Complete nonsense - lets hope it's removed pretty **** quick!

Regards

Andy W

added the misspelled "Accadian"

now he has added some pictures of a
different accordion, which is a brownish shade

and added the misspelled "Accadian"
'brand' to the ad title

i complained to ebay

actually i asked him another question and he wasn;t even polite about the answer

wle.

also he edited marc out of the fake pictures

also he edited marc out of the fake pictures

wle.

I finally talked with the guy...

I know (or have met) this seller. I met up with "Dave" on my last trip to Lafayette back in November. We met at Bisbano's Pizzaria.

He admitted that it wasn't his father's accordion, it was his step-father's box. His step father insisted that he addressed every male as "Sir" and that he knew he was on his way out of the world, so he gave it to "Dave" to sell. Dave is in big trouble with some interesting company and is assuming an alias. His name really isn't "Dave" but it has the same amount of letters and begins with a "D." I think his name is Doug, but he wouldn't tell me if I had it right or not.

I asked about the photos. He said his camera was being sold as a part of another auction on eBay, so he just "grabbed the shots from that dude's website." I guess I can understand that. Without a camera, you have to just be... you know... creative.

Nice guy, though. He said what he meant about "type of toning and such" and "he no longer builds the Cajuns" is a reference to a body building "salon" he had once in Plaquemine, LA back in the 70's. Apparently his step-dad was heavily into concentrating on body construction and was not a reference to Marc Savoy.

I asked him about the salon and he told me it was run by some New Orleans area "Italians" (he didn't use Italians, but a derogative term.) He did mention that the salon was heavily into concentrating on parts of the body that needed restructuring. I'm guessing they had a lot of clients -- he indicated they did -- but he couldn't cite any competitive awards, so that sounded a bit fishy to me.

I asked him about the history of the box but he started getting really quiet. He said it was made of pine. I remember Marc making boxes out of pine, but not in C#. Dave said the accordion was "a really nice one... see? Sharp!" referring to some photos he had of it.

He was friendly but very reserved. He insisted on speaking to me from behind a sheer curtain so that all I could see was his silhouette. Chain smoking cigarettes and wearing glasses from what I could tell. I asked him about his father losing memory, too. Indeed, his father had lost most of the memory to the Cajun model named, Koko, who worked at Temptations down on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. He never regained his loss of memory and "all that sweet jazz" after this event, just a few years ago.

Hope this clears the air a bit.

R!CK

Re: I finally talked with the guy...

That really comforts us all. Is his last name Rich? Doug Rich?

I may have to buy this box. What a colorful history!

Capt. E.

hey Rick, if i ever need a detective, can i hire you ? - good work, nout

Re: Re: I finally talked with the guy...

Oh no, no, Nout... I only detect for recreational porpoises only.

But thanks,

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: I finally talked with the guy...

Ah! You've done it again Rick.

Hmmm....I smell the plot for the next James Lee Burke, Dave Robicheaux book!

Nice one Rick

Detective Dave Robichaux

Huzzah! James Lee Burke... Love that guy! Black Cherry Blues is one of the coolest stories ever. What shocks me is his story, "Heaven's Prisoners" is the only one of his so far to make it to the silver screen.

And while Alec Baldwin did an okay job as Dave in Heaven's Prisioners, he just makes me a bit queasy.I think Will Patton would've made a better Dave, perhaps it's because of the books on tape -- he did all the narrations -- and did a great job at them, too.

Back in the early 90's... every drive down to Acadiana... I'd have at least 2 Burke novels on cassette to pass the time.

Great stuff

R!CK

Re: Detective Dave Robichaux

Yea, I think I've read everything Burke has ever written (some several times.) His books have a great descriptive feeling to them.

Oh yea, John Goodman is definitely Clete Purcel.

Rick, you've got a sick and twisted mind....

And that's why we love you sooooo much

Re: Rick, you've got a sick and twisted mind....

MUAH!

I figured none of us are really going to bid on that Acadian scam, so... well... Nuttin' to lose, ya know?

R![hic!]

Re: Re: Detective Dave Robichaux

SOT - He has a new book being released in July or August 2008 according to Amazon Books and one released in mid 2007. I enjoy reading them because I have been on most of the roads he mentions between New Iberia and St Martinville. His trip time of travel between New Iberia and NOLA are somewhat suspect, to me at least.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!