Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
c accordion

hi, hey thanks everyone, lots of great tips. today i called john doucet from the list that was recommended and he sounded like a great guy and had 2 made. price seemed good, 1600. funny, maybe the numbers on the list had changed their area code or something but he was the only one i could reach. decided it was meant to be. said he stands by his work and when we talked about cases, for a soft case he said he uses a small soft cooler. i appreciated his not wanting me to order all kinds of things from him. thanks again.k

Re: c accordion

Congrats Kathy! You'll have to post a picture of it when you receive it.

Do you know which soft cooler to buy? I can't figure out which one to order.

Gotta be careful though. If you have cats, they're bound to sit on it, unless you have a cupboard, etc. I have that issue in my house

Jim

Soft cooler: Re: c accordion

I'm still looking for the correct soft cooler too. If anyone can post the model or better yet a link to order the correct one I would appreciate it.

Hal

I done me a "soft cooler" search on google

I came up with these...

Photobucket

1.) Definitely works for me -- very useful.
2.) Would never work out for me but, well, you know... I've got one already.
3.) Might come in handy for one of them flare-ups.
4.) No way, Jose. Uh-uh... you can kiss my go#$%* muth@%(!^*@ flare-ups.
5.) Kinda cool, but I rarely see this kinda sh*%
6.) Yeah. Bingo. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. http://www.ogio.com/

Re: I done me a "soft cooler" search on google

Ain't google great!

Re: Soft cooler: Re: c accordion

Hal,
Do you know about the Peavey 2K soft bag? Many players here in SW LA use this as a light weight alternative to the hard cases that are safest for shipping an accordion. Link 1, above, has specs and a picture of the Peavy.

Dale

Re: Re: Soft cooler: Re: c accordion

I've got one of those Peavey bags, and it's great. But, when I don't feel like lugging all the stuff I've got in all those pockets, I've also got one of the cooler bags. Bring your accordion into WalMart, and since it's the season, there'll be lots of bags to see what fits. Mine was about $10. Yes, you'll get stared about, but some people (like me) don't mind.
Think of going back to find one like Rick's #2 choice. Don't think it'll keep anything very cool, and will end up costing a lot more than expected, but what the heck. Hmm, maybe this should be part of Jim's thread.

Steve

Re: Re: Soft cooler: Re: c accordion

The Peavey is what I use. Great bag, fits the box perfectly with room to carry books and papers, 7 harmonicas, etc. Got mine from Marc Savoy.

Capt. E

Re: Re: Re: Soft cooler:

The peavey bags are nice, but you gotta admit the coolers are much cheaper.

I'm going on 8 years with my soft side Igloo coolers.
Best $10 bucks I ever spent!

-DP

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!