Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Transcontinental Jam

Just read about about this on another music forum and thought it sounded so cool, I would post it here. Apparently in Audacity, you can mix several tracks. So, lets say Jim lays down an awesome track with that new squeezebox of his, He then sends it to a resident Brave fiddler who lays down his part. The fiddler sends it on to the guitar player, etc, etc. When its all done, it gets posted back here on the Bravenet for all to enjoy. So what do you think? Anyone up for the challenge?
Greg

Re: Transcontinental Jam

I'm absolutely game. I can leave room for the fiddle parts, or whatever parts we can accumulate.

Do you play fiddle? I have Audacity too, just gotta be real careful to exactly line up the tracks. I've gotten pretty dern good at it.

Listen to my cover of Hank Williams Sr.'s "Angel of Death" in link 1. I did all da instruments/vocal. Produced each track with Goldwave and , painstakingly lined 'em all up on Audacity.

The fade out was a little iffy, however, but I didn't feel like fixing the original vocal and taping them all back together again.

I also did my best to change the pitch of the penny whistle, because it was originally pretty noticeable out of tune.

Transcontinental Jam going Transatlantic ....??

Hi Jim, as for overdubbing fiddle parts to your beautiful F box music would a be great thing to do for me, but overdubbing always looses the interaction and spiritual flow a little which makes Cajun and other similar stuff like old time country so lively. - Syncopated jerks on an accordion and a fiddle f.i. and the tempo flow changes. Playing Cajun against a click track can really kill the groove. If you want to give it a try, and you can play say 5 parts AB of a tune backing the 2nd and 3rd around without clicktrack i'd like to give it a try. Mail me privately if you want to discuss it further ? - Nout

Re: Transcontinental Jam going Transatlantic ....??

Interesting... I can sing lyrics.

Re: Transcontinental Jam

Glad to see you all have some interest in the project. No it wont be like a real Jam but still might produce some cool tunes. Wish I was more talented and able to be a part. Gotta scoot .. the tornado sirens are going off again.. Good luck with the jam.
Greg

Re: Re: Transcontinental Jam

I'm thinking that me and Nout are going to give it a shot.

Stripped down of everthing else. Eh?

Re: Re: Re: Transcontinental Jam

Jim,
Any progress on the TC Jam? Just got back online after my neighborhood got slammed by a tornado Friday morn.
Greg

Re: Re: Re: Transcontinental Jam

Jim, would be fun, any particular tune?
for an F accordion i'll probably use my low fiddle ....
- now how about recording quality, wav or aiff 24bits 44.1 kHz stereo files can be 70 MB, but would be best .... through "you send it" transfers should work .... see link #3 - nout

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!