Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
back of town two-step

I just learnt Back of town two-step at camp, but don't have any recording of it.

I found an Octa Clark version of Neal's site. Neat. Can anyone suggest other recordings of that song?

Thanks
Nicole

Re: back of town two-step

A good version by Jimmy Breaux (Le chemin que t'as pris) and also Cajun Company (La robe de Rosalie), an excellent band from Netherlands (good website !!),

.... and many others, but I don't know.

Marc.

Re: Re: back of town two-step

"Le chemin que t'as pris" tranlates out in Free Translations On-Line to "The way that you taken whizz." I know that can't be right, so it has to say something like "the road that you have taken so quickly". Close?
JB

Le chemin que t'a pris

Le chemin que t'a pris means The Road that You Took.

Nicole,
Octa's was the original, and it is the one which the Mamou Playboys derived their version.

Ganey

Thank you guys,

yes, I love Octa Clark's version, but always find interesting to compare ways of playing a song. I can pick up a few things here and there and build my own version.

Nicole

Hi Nicole

Nicole,

I must say you played well in the band lab this year

Have you a performing band at home?
And, did hubby enjoy himself?

--biggeroo

Re: Hi Nicole

Thank you!
I must say you did pretty well yourself!

We both had a blast at camp. We were just talking yesterday about how it is hard to step out of that cloud and get back to "real" life... Every time we look at pictures and listen to recordings from camp, it brings back good memories and experiences.

That is a 100 % chance of returning for us... If we didn't have something scheduled in July, we would have gone to Augusta, too.

Nicole

Hi Nicole. It was fun meeting you at Balfa. Joe Hall has a cool sorta creole version of Back of Town on his CD "Good Times Good Music" (that's close, but may not be the exact title). I'm wrestling with the version Dirk showed us on a nightly basis, and it's beginning to sound like something.

Thanks for the info... I hope everything is going well for you!

Keep on working on that song... Do what Ray Abshire says: listen, and then listen some more! He is so right.

Nicole

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!