Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jude the Obscure

I had the pleasure of meeting Jude Meche, his wife and their son this weekend at the Liberty Theater. I don't remember if they were traveling back on Sunday, or today, but I hope they were spared the wrath of any tornadoes in Missouri.

Let me know when you are safe at home, Jude.

Re: Jude the Obscure

And I had the pleasure of hearing Ganey play bass with Jesse Lege for last week's "Rendezvous des Cajuns" show. Truly a pleasure.

We arrived home safe and sound. And, fortunately, our house is still standing. But that EF-4 tornado that's been all over the news passed just 10 miles south of the house.

We were driving home and--all of a sudden--we were driving through a disaster zone for about 3/4 of a mile. Trees were stripped of their leaves and bent every which way, and there was debris all over. It was awful, and there weren't even any houses in that area to be demolished. Just seeing what it did to the countryside was enough.

Hopefully, we won't have to face any more of those monsters before we move out of the area. Because, yes, for those of you who didn't know, we're moving back home to Louisiana. To the Eunice area, to be exact.

JtO

Re: Re: Jude the Obscure

Glad to see you made it home. Regarding the Rendez-vous, admittedly Jane Vidrine and I had to figure out a few songs on the spot. Between Jesse and Barry, they threw us a couple of curves.

Re: Jude the Obscure

Hey WF, got any of Jesse and Ganey's songs from the Liberty to post up?

Gene

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!