Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trouble getting Savoy video

I ordered the Wilson Savoy video a couple of weeks ago, and got an e-mail saying thanks, we'll send you a confirmation and tracking number when we ship. I've heard nothing since, so I'm guessing it hasn't been shipped. I e-mailed again to ask what's up, but haven't gotten a reply. Anybody else have trouble getting the DVD? Did it take a long time?

Thanks, Jamey

Re: Trouble getting Savoy video

I wouldn't worry yet because I had a similar experience. It turned out that Wilson was touring and he fulfilled his orders (and answered his e-mails) once he got back home. A week or so after I received the DVD he sent me an e-mail to make sure I had recieved it and I appreciated that.

Re: Re: Trouble getting Savoy video

Hey Jamey -- hope all these storms in your hood are skirtin' past ya. Think about ya when I check the radar...

It could be that Wilson just doesn't want to send you the DVDs, but I doubt seriously that's the case. I've ordered a few DVDs from him in the past and he's never deliberately not sent them to me just because I lived in Texas. Arkansas might be a lil' different.

I agree with Claude -- sometimes yuh just gotta exercise some patience. Soon come, mon... soon come. The best thing is; Wilson's vids are well worth the wait.

R!CK

Well, there ya go; I figured it was something like that. And I have all the patience of a little yippy dog. So I'll cool my jets, forget about it, and it'll come.

Thanks for asking about the storms. We didn't get hit, but lots of my kinfolk have, especially in my hometown of Stuttgart. Nobody hurt and nothing broke for my bunch that insurance won't presumably fix, but it sure destroyed a lot of other folks' homes and businesses in the area. While all that stuff was hitting all around us, we were camped out in a valley at a friend's place and didn't know anything about it! Wind sure was high, but not until after the rain moved through, so no worries, other than non-stop tent flappin'-induced insomnia and the occasional face full of embers from the party fire.

As far as not selling to Arkies goes, well, we're used to getting by on scrap parts and borrowed lawn mowers. Like my favorite store motto says, "If we don't have it, you can probably get by without it". We'll make do with cigar butts and coffee grounds, and still come up with something that's good enough - for the likes of us, anyways. Keeping the bar real low helps.

Lucky for us, we ain't as high-falutin' as some of them cosmopolitan Texans . . .

Best to all, Jamey Hall

Ask and ye shall receive! It shipped today. All I had to do was quit worrying about it. Now I'm going to stop worrying about this lottery ticket . . .

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!