Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
video about Leo Abshire on myspaceTV

A friend sent me the link to this page. There is a video about Leo Abshire & the Cajun Tradition :

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=32891849

Enjoy!

Re: video about Leo Abshire on myspaceTV

Thanks so much! Great stuff!

Re: Re: video about Leo Abshire on myspaceTV

Thanks for putting that up. It was great to see my old podnuh again.

Cory

Re: video about Leo Abshire on myspaceTV

Man that was a great piece are there any more or where did that come from? Bruce

Re: Re: video about Leo Abshire on myspaceTV

We were all charged up. Visiting with our “new best friends” from Gueydan, Leo and Zula Abshire. Playing music, eating Garfish, playing some more music…..drinking some beer. It was a great time and we piled into our rental car for the long journey back to Henderson Swamp. On the outskirts of the town of Gueydan we experienced every Yankee’s greatest fear, we were pulled over by one of Gueydan’s finest. The officer came over to the car and asked for the usual, “driver’s license and registration, Please”. I knew some time had passed since my last beer, but of course now I was afraid, being a stranger in a strange land. “Do you know why I pulled you over?” I was really at a loss, I didn’t make any strange maneuvers with the car, I thought I had used all the proper signals……he continued, “You were going 35 miles an hour in a 30 miles per hour zone”……The cop was all business….it certain wasn’t a light hearted moment until……..He continued: “Where y’all coming from? Y’all are a long ways from home”. Buffy said, “we were just playing music with our good friend Leo Abshire”. And with that, truly she had spoken the magic words. Said the cop, “Leo Abshire, no sh*t…” and all of a sudden our situation had remarkably shifted…He smiled and said, “Y’all be safe now.” And we continued on our way.
roger w

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!