Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ghost Whisper - As in Cleoma's Ghost ?

So what's a person to do when they can't sleep?
Well perhaps if ya have an accordion and a collection of French music, ya look for Ghost's.

I've often wondered why someone doesn't compile a cd that provides the essentials of guitar and fiddle to great songs.. and .. let me do the fills on accordion along with the music. They did!

It's called: Mon Coeur Est Avec Toi

Buffy Lewis and Roger Weiss (in sound and vocals) take you on a great ride to Cajun Region (and beyond). Through this compiled collection of great tunes, ya get the essentials of a fine musical gumbo. All ya gotta do, is slap on the headphones and add accordion.. close your eyes, and, vision your sitting at the waters edge of the Teche with good friends. A great Ghostly encounter, to be sure.

Over the years I have managed to gather a lot of cd's. I can't fathom being without Cleoma's Ghost.
So Roger my friend, you're never far away. Thanks for keeping it alive for wherever we happen to be. My best to You and Buffy.

Nonc D

Re: Ghost Whisper - As in Cleoma's Ghost ?

I completely concur, Nonc. Cleoma's Ghost is a truly dynamic duo and very talented. Roger and I exchanged some emails a while back and he told me of some experiences he had down in the (pre-Rita) Holly Beach. The way Roger wrote that story painted a fantastic journey that started as he and Buffy just stopping in for a late morning cocktail at sleepy little bar, full of truly colorful characters, and with the acquisition of an old guitar, they transformed the dark, air-conditioned wood paneled walls into a day-long fete -- which they ended up hanging there until "last call"! Fantastic story... cool folks... and a story worthy of print!

R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!