Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can you speak French & German in the same sentence?

If any braves are headed to the German Belt of the Texas Hill Country this weekend, believe it or not there is a Crawfish Festival in Fredericksburg. See link # 1. Good music, dancing & food. And yeah, there will be an Oktoberfest in October, complete with
oom-pah bands, lederhosen, dirndls, bratwurst and Shiner beer. And ya'll thought we just had Cowboys & Indians. Heck, Man, we be multi-cultural down here.
JB

Re: Can you speak French & German in the same sentence?

Tell Leif in Zydeco Blanco I said "Big up!" I love that guy... if it weren't for him, I would not EVEN be here...

R!CK

Re: Re: Can you speak French & German in the same sentence?

...and no, he did not father me. We are both the same age. We started our first band together!

Whew,

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Can you speak French & German in the same sentence?

Rick,

Why don't you just bust loose from the Metro-Plex
and come on down and tell him Hello your own self.
Unfortunately,the ZB's are only playing on Friday evening, and real early to boot, so that dreaded commodity, work, will get in the way of me getting to see them.
Leif also inspired me to invest in an LA made "Le Capitaine" box. He let me play his Gabby "King" and it was so much better than my Arrieta that I was hooked. I was so naive then that I thought the 'King' was made in LA. Oh well...it's the results that count.
JB

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can you speak French & German in the same sentence?

Love to get down there, especially for the festival, but... it's a long weekend and Lake Charles is calling.

~R!CK

Re:buttal and some lagniappe

Fredericksburg, TX; regardless of [this] crawfish festival that JB is slingin' or naught, is truly a cool destination for anyone looking for a cool place to get away for a weekend, e.g., Memorial Day Holiday or otherwise... it's an amazing place with a LOT of history and fun. I recommend it to all my friends here, and you tell 'em you heard it first here, on roller derby.

[*****] De five stars from I&I,

R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!