Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Here's a bank I really enjoy watching!

Check out link #2.

Re: Here's a bank I really enjoy watching!

I would have inhaled that toothpick long before that tune. Jeffrey is ... a God. Can I say that here? Without getting Star***ed-out? He's a gift to zydeco...

How's that?

R!CK

Re: Re: Here's a bank I really enjoy watching!

Bank? Que? Normally you don't watch banks, unless there's some plan ...

Re: Re: Here's a bank I really enjoy watching!

Jeffrey B...man, he's awesome!

Caught him and the Creole Cowboys band at Mojo's at Evangeline Downs a few weeks back......Classie Ballou on Bass, DJ( D'Jalma Garnier ) on gittar....great drummer too.

I watched JB VERY closely for a few songs...note..NO thumb strap on his single rows..he has a high arch of his hand and his thumb rests against the edge of the board.
He has a real different hand and wrist action with his playing...a lot different to Geno and others ...who I've seen play many times.
Not only is he immensely talented but he's strong with it...no weak spots..all strong positive playing..and uncompromising lead man front sound....as with most Zydeco the other band members are definitely support act only for the most part.

He always leads into his each song with a little jammy 10 second run up 'n down the buttons just to get the feel and set the key and the mood for the piece, I guess....good idea.

A little odd thing also..DJ played his Fender for the opening sets and of course played it really well..really nice runs and licks also...but..I don't know where he was when the tuning was done but it was WAY off across all strings...to the point where most folks were lookin' at each other a bit like...' somebody tell him' look...guess even great players like him can stuff up occasionally.

Anyway...JB pulled licks and runs and chords outa the single rows that I didn't think were possible....
Loud Loud Loud band at Front of House...great for dancin'..not so great for eardrums.........but I like it like that!!

Darryl.

BAND not BANK!

Of course, I meant to write "band", not "bank"

Re: BAND not BANK!

Aw hail, I thought you were referring to the "bank" of reeds! Funny things like this make sense to me!

~R!CK

....bank....plan.... ha! Nout, that's genius!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!