Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Here's a nice and tight sound...

Just the way it should be, on link #2

Re: Here's a nice and tight sound...

Great sound, but them's sure a skinny family!

The way it "should be" if you're Marc Savoy, fuh shure. He's a legend, a Cajun prophet, and a box builder... so... would yuh expect anything *but* tight as a drum, mon ami? That's the epitome of the way it *should* sound -- him playing with the chosen few that will be his band. Don't see none of ya Saturday mornin' jammers hangin' with him here -- eh eh. No surprises, bwoy. Just more of what we'd expect, seen? 'Sept for the elongated video quality... bad camera... 'din't" spect dat... [Felix the Cat laugh] 'course I 'dint' spect him to approve of ... oh nevermind... jus' gwan git me in sum trubble...

R!CK

Re: Re: Here's a nice and tight sound...

And, I see that Wilson is wearing the once very popular footwear of the area. I used a pair like that for years.

Dowell Lafleur

Re: Re: Re: Here's a nice and tight sound...

Hey, I think I still got a pair like that somewhere. I never have worn out that pair, I just seem to misplace them every now and then. They actually seem to get tougher the more you use them.

Fabulous perfection. I wonder how many thousands of times have they played that particular song? From the smiles on their faces, you realize they will never get tired or bored with it all. It is their life blood. Sangre du coeur.

Capt. E.

Re: Re: Here's a nice and tight sound...

And the beard looks good on Wilson, too, in a James Brolin kinda way! It's forever amazing to see just how little bellow Marc uses! How does he do that?!

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Here's a nice and tight sound...

Dear Rick: Playback....

Dunno, when you play seated, it is finer to have the bellows tight. And using a good accordion helps, too. And of course the tune itself. There are tunes that need a lot of stretching, others don't.

Do some benchmarking and ask your wife, maybe she has an answer.

Gus

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!