Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
YouTube Cajun Music

I keep watching new videos of Kaleb Trahan playing and just wanted to know if he plays shows anywhere around the Lake Charles / Lafayette area. The more I watch him play the more impressed I am with his playing. He makes it look pretty easy!

Re: YouTube Cajun Music

He used to have his own band (Little Chenier Playboys) while in high school, and things change and they sort of busted up. (Wes Haney has started his own band "Steel Shot" and doing very well), (Travis Furs has recently started his own band), (Brett Baccigalopi still plays with Kaleb occasionally), (Jason Trahan - I'm not sure if he is playing anywhere).

Although Kaleb no longer has his own band he still plays with several other bands. He plays with MOE-D (Abe Manueal & Pat Smith), he plays with Mack Manuel and the Lake Charles Ramblers, he plays with Elias Vanicor and the midnight ramblers.

I'm not sure of a schedule but you can check him out at the Speckled Pub (little Bar in Hackberry mostly every sunday) I believe with Mack Manuel and the Lake Charles Ramblers. He plays sometimes at Harris's.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!