Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
zydecoonline.com - Double clutch and 3 Row

Just been listening to www.zydecoonline.com

I think?? I've found two songs from the rolling song list that are good examples of :

"double clutchin"...( refer posts recently )..

..select song S203 Keith Frank " Dreams Come Alive "

and

S207 Chubby Carrier and The Bayou Swamp Band..
...Sauce Picant ( sic ).

Seems to me that this Chubby song would be a good one for some 3 row work in the learning phase...Jim?

Yes/No ?

Darryl.

Re: zydecoonline.com - Double clutch and 3 Row

Just to clarify after re-reading my post......those are two separate subjects within the one post.....double clutchin' does not apply to the Chubby song..only the Keith Frank song.

Re: zydecoonline.com - Double clutch and 3 Row

Yep, "Dreams Come Alive" is definitely using the double clutch drum beat.

And, yep,that Chubby song covers some of the basic triple row licks.

I have not heard that song before - it's a good meat and potatoes zydeco song. That thought that came to me is that it is Chubbie's answer to Geno's version of Blue Runner - another great triple row tune.

By the way, I didn't know about the zydeco online jukebox - that thing is great!

-David

Re: Re: zydecoonline.com - Double clutch and 3 Row

Thanks for your feedback David..yeah, I immediately thought of Bluerunner ....hey, wouldn't be the first time, by a long shot, a Zydeco ( or Cajun melody in some instances ) has been, shall we say, borrowed!

Chubby's act is by far the best LIVE one I've ever seen..pity it doesn't translate onto CD...I have a couple of them and they're fairly average.Wish he'd make a DVD of a LIVE gig.

And Zydecoonline is a real 'sleeper'..I often have it streaming while I'm in the house doin' stuff.....actually, I think Lola's songlist is a bit skinny at the moment....it changes a little every couple of weeks though.
D.

Re: zydecoonline.com - can't get there

Tried going to the site, but it comes up as "banned unknown user-agent". So what am I doing wrong? Please keep it a short list!

Steve

Re: Re: zydecoonline.com - can't get there

Hmmm....you could try an email query to webmaster@zydecoonline.com

Sounds to me like you have a settings issue with your computer....pop up blocker or firewall ??...hey, what I know about all this, Steve, you could put on the back of a postage stamp.
Try accessing the site thru Internet Explorer rather than from the web site link from a search engine..or vice-versa.

That's it..that all I know...better still..ask a 10 year old kid...he'll know!!

The site ' takes a few seconds to fully load..but it's a completely harmless site..no gremlins, no pop ups...just lotsa colour and advert/promo graphics and text...and of course the rolling jukebox of songs and stuff.....

Darryl.

BTW..I note that Dreams Come Alive by Keith Frank is off of his latest CD.....has HEAPS of songs on it..would be good value at $17.99 ( www.louisianamusicfactory.com ).

Re: Re: Re: zydecoonline.com - can't get there

Thanks. Came up in Firefox, but won't in Safari. Guess Macs aren't very PC.

Steve

Re: Re: Re: Re: zydecoonline.com - can't get there

Aaaaaah..the INFAMOUS Macs....band member friend of mine has been at me for ages to get one and trash the PC.....I'm still thinking about that...been doing so for a few years now!!

Later,

Darryl.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!