Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Regular Cajun Jam here in Austin

Looks like we've finally got a time and place. Saturday starting at 10am at Fiddlers Green Music Shop on W. 35th st. If it works for Marc Savoy, it can work for us here in Austin, TX First organizational session May 31st. Marlon McAllister has got dancers and cooks lined up as well as musicians including people such as Charles Thibodeaux, Bradley Williams.

Capt. Everett

Re: Regular Cajun Jam here in Austin

Capt,

Looks like I will miss this one.

Headed to Rockport/Port A on the 30th.

If I catch some nice Reds, I will fix a Court Bouillion a'la Poisson Rouge for the next session.

Will you or Marlon be trying to put together a firm session schedule for the Summer?

I want to be there as much as I can, but weekends are tough for those of us who are yet to retire, but dreaming about a little free time.

If you are in Fredericksburg this Saturday, look for an old guy in a straw cowboy hat and a green Columbia fishing shirt, dancing with a good lookin' younger woman. That's me and the Frau.

See you one of these days.
JB

Re: Re: Regular Cajun Jam here in Austin

We're going to try and do that. Marlon has been hosting things at his house and it is a bit much at times. A lot depends on Fiddlers Green or where-ever we do it. We are competing for space with the Bluegrass, Celtic and Old-time players. I'd prefer a week-night like Thurs, but Sat morn/early afternoon should also work for many. Maybe it will move around a bit, but we are bound and determined to establish a weekly session.

Capt.

Excellent, Jim. Best of luck with y'all's jam; I am consumed with jealousy! Make sure and grab Debra Peters by the ear to come and jam, and just plain grab Wendy to come and dance.

Oh, I wish I could come. A lot depends on my next lottery ticket . . .

-Jamey

Re: Re: Regular Cajun Jam here in Austin

hey, you use the same financial planner I do.

My wife's brother lives in Austin. Next time we go visit, I may get in touch will you Austinites to come see the jam.

Re: Re: Re: Regular Cajun Jam here in Austin

Fiddlers Green has got a real scene going, Bluegrass, Celtic, Old-time, and now Cajun...

Howdy John.

10 am!

I would get out of bed at 5 am to play at Marc Savoy's jam.

But, if Marc is not going to be there, 10 am it is a bit too early for me. I am not a morning person.

Is that the only time available?
10 am until when?
Can I show up at noon?

Kenny
Austin

Please tell my good friend Bradley hello for me.
Jude Moreau

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!