Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Baffetti GL II FBbEb playing Vallenato style

Certainly off topic style-wise for this forum, but most all of us have seen this box in the hands of Chris Ardoin or Andre Thierry or others... this

Here is a little sample of what it sounds like on the musette switch playing Colombian Vallenato music.

I will be posting more soon and some intricate bass work on YouTube soon.

Enjoy, GLENN

Re: Baffetti GL II FBbEb playing Vallenato style

The player is 16 yr old Jeferson Botello.. from Colombia originally, but who lives near me here in Italy for several years.. ( he has won 16 major competitons in Colombia..and has played for Clinton and Chavez .. )

Glenn

Re: Re: Baffetti GL II FBbEb playing Vallenato style

He's a very good player and nice music from Columbia.
But what for musicians are Clinton and Chavez ?

Re: Re: Re: Baffetti GL II FBbEb playing Vallenato style

Hi Glenn, great music, great playing; you can really hear the percussion, and imagine some big swetty lady's bottoms (with a T mind you, no mistake there) swirling around on the dance floor ..... - nout

Re: Re: Re: Re: Baffetti GL II FBbEb playing Vallenato style

Nice Video Glen. Beautiful music. I really enjoyed watching him work the bass buttons. That will keep me busy for awhile.

thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Baffetti GL II FBbEb playing Vallenato style

He played for Ex Pres Bill Clinton and current Pres of Venezuela.. the madman Chavez himself.

This could be of interest to the zydeco brothers here..who want to explore use of the basses.. or you'll find they play in minor keys which sound bluesy ..

They also play with a drum .. in 6/8 timing often.. and with a scraper that is very similar to a rubboard..

This music packs stadiums ( literally thousands ) for the competitions.. and the rites for getting to be a pro are very structured .. you have to pass varioius levels of amature, have to know all the rhythms..and have to have composed your own music.. before being given professional status officially.. very heated competitions..

There is another 5.00 minute vid with a bass solo on Youtube ..he's playing a hohner corona III in GCF.. click on the vid posted and you will see a red accordion vid.. that's amazing.

GLENN

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!