Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New CD! Twin City Two Step: Cajun/Zydeco Music from Minneapolis/St. Volume 1

hey everyone!

just wanted to let you know that I just produced a new CD called Twin City Two Step: Cajun/Zydeco Music from Minneapolis/St.Paul Volume 1. This CD is out on my new label called 409 Recordings.

Features 9 bands from the Twin Cities and 18 songs! The Twin City Playboys, JJ's Zydeco Paydirt, Bayou Grenouille, The Faux Playboys, The New Riverside Ramblers, Pop Wagner & Friends, The Cajun Hot Soles, Black Bear Bayou & Daddy Squeeze!

409 Recordings
http://www.409recordings.com

CZ hotbed!

Who knew that Minneapolis was the hotbed of Cajun/Zydeco music!

Re: CZ hotbed!

MN is indeed a wonderful supporter of Cajun/Zydeco
music with numerous excellent musicians!

Madison WI has a respectable following as well!

Now, Milwaukee .. well, I guess when they were
handing out culture, MKE thought they said "vultures"
and said, "No thanks, we've already got pigeons"

(or something like that ..)

-- Name withheld for security reasons

Re: New CD! Twin City Two Step: Cajun/Zydeco Music from Minneapolis/St. Volume 1

Hi Kevin, congratulations on your new release. Is there a way to listen to some teasers/samples?

Re: Re: New CD! Twin City Two Step: Cajun/Zydeco Music from Minneapolis/St. Volume 1

Maz,

yep. The code just went up for :30 second samples of each of the tracks.

bien merci!

kevin

Re: Re: Re: New CD! Twin City Two Step: Cajun/Zydeco Music from Minneapolis/St. Volume 1

":30 second samples of each of the tracks" -- I'm so there... congrats on releasing a CD! i am so grateful that a Brave here has done that! That's awesome! Let's show some support

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: New CD! Twin City Two Step: Cajun/Zydeco Music from Minneapolis/St. Volume 1

So Kevin, this is a CD that includes several bands? Some kind of compilation? Well done!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!