Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
small SD card audio recorders

Hi Y'all - since i'm trying to find out what the "best" modern type of microphone included SD card hand held recorder is, maybe some of you have practical experiences with a Tascam DR1 or an Olympus LS10. A lot of you have probably seen or worked with an Edirol R9 or Zoom H4/2; to me they had a little too little appeal; fiddly buttons and construction etc for the price they usually cost. And more types and brands seem to poo up every day it seems now ..... - nout

Re: small SD card audio recorders

Check link 1, O`Reilly revieuws all kind of recorders

Wilfred

They all "seem to poo up every day"... but this one rocks my colon...

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EDIR09

R!CK

Re: Re: small SD card audio recorders - R!CK

R!CK,

Looks nice but .. about $400?

--Biggeroo

Re: Re: Re: small SD card audio recorders - R!CK

Yeah... $400. That's about what I paid but I think they can be had for a little less in some states. Sorry Tennessee. But I've truly enjoyed my Edirol and IMHO, I've already gotten my dollars-worth out of it.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: small SD card audio recorders - R!CK

I bought one on Ebay for $299, plus shipping. It definitely pays to shop, but, use caution on ebay. I bought mine from one of the Ebay stores (don't remember the name) and was very well satisfied with the service and the recorder.

Dowell

The June edition of Electronic Musician has a roundup of 8 recorders.

One of the things they said is that Edirol has a replacement for the current model coming out soon.

-David

Re: Re: small SD card audio recorders

I've got a Zoom H4. It is easy to use, and sounds great. Two good built in condenser mics, externally mounted to give a true stereo image. It allows for selection of the sampling rate (higher rate means better sound quality but less record time) and the controls are intuitive and easy to use. I'd recommend it without hesitation.

olympus

olympus has one that is supposed to be pretty good

i really like all their stuff

wle.

Thanks for all your tips sofar .....

Hi Y'all, Thanks for all your tips sofar ..... there seems to be new models and brands growing on every tree these days. Anyone tried the Tascam DR1, the M-Audio Microtrack II and/or Yamaha pocketrack 2G yet? - f.i. the tascam and m audio are supposed to be the ones with the least "digital" and more with a warmer type sound. Alas with a non changeable re loadable built in battery - nout

Re: Media and batteries

My two cents.

I Consider these two things high on my feature list.

1. Standard batteries.
No funky, VERY expensive, square batteries!
You can get AA at the gas'n'go if you need to, but those funny, square things??? Good luck!

2. Compatible, REMOVEABLE media.
Media type will always change, and media size is going to grow. I would never buy one without removeable media.

DP

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!