Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M. Cecil Fontenot , Accordeons Marque de Fabrique:

Bonjour,

Le 17 mai, 2008, ma femme et moi ont rendu une visite avec monsieur Cecil Fontenot a Ville Platte, Louisiane, pour achete son accordeon qu'il a fait a la main, (marque - numero trente-trois), en erable naturel, avec six couches de lacque sans teinture.

M. Fontenot a dit qu'il fait seulement a peut pres de quatre accordeons chaque annee. On peut voir qu'il a mis son coeur et ame dans chaque piece de son travail.

Bien cordialement,

H. L. Chauvin

Apres avoir le voir et le jouer, on peut dire veritablement que c'est presque impossible a fabriquer un accordeon Acadien mieux que ca -- la menuiserie est bien parfait avec un dessin tres acadien, tres simple, et sans trop de galon.

Re: M. Cecil Fontenot , Accordeons Marque de Fabrique:

Bonjour Henry,

Est-ce que nous pouvons voir un foto de votre accordéon?
Merci,
Andy

Re: Re: M. Cecil Fontenot , Accordeons Marque de Fabrique:

Bonjour Monsieur Chauvin. Félicitations pour votre nouvelle acquisition. Je possède une des accordéons fabriquées par Monsieur Fontenot de marque "Swallow". Bien que je n'ai pas rencontré M. Fontenot en personne, je lui ai parlé au téléphone à quelques reprises pour réaliser qu'il est un bonhomme très sympathique et certainement bien fier de sa culture.
Du coté ratio qualité/prix et artisanat, je peux affirmer que les Swallow de M. Fontenot sont de bonne valeur. Personnellement, j'ai une préférence pour d'autres fabricant, mais c'est bien évidemment une question de goût. Vous habitez dans quel coin?

Bienvenue sur ce blogue et nous aimerions bien voir une photo de votre nouveau "bébé"!

Re: Re: Re: Mr. Fontenot's Accordions

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words from everyone.

This is my first accordian & as one can imagine, at 66 years old, & not being able to read music, I have lots to learn!

My son just started singing & playing the guitar about a year ago. He got me playing again with a small band after not having played music for about 50 years or so -- at a young age, I used to play guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, upright bass, & harmonica in my father's 1840's era two (2) story steamboat landing bar & dance hall, (Le Pape Vert), which we demolished in 1956.

Thanks again to Mr. Cecil Fontenot for the many dedicaterd hours it took to build this instrument. It has tremendous volume without a pickup.

H. L. Chauvin

Re: Re: M. Cecil Fontenot , Accordeons

Bonjour,

Voici un photo.

Un <"Swallow">, par M. Cecil Fontenot de Ville Platte, Louisiane; son numero trente-trois,(33).

Je demeure a, et je viens de Couvent, Paroisse de Saint Jacques, Louisiane.

M. Fontenot m'a dit que le prochain accordeon qu'il est en train de faire sera en cerise.

Cordialement,

H. L. Chauvin

Re: Re: Re: M. Cecil Fontenot , Accordeons

¡Oh usted los individuos está hablando de Cecil! ¡El hombre, ese individuo es fresco, para sure! Pienso que sus acordiones son calidad realmente buena y que se deben considerar igual en cualquier evaluación que usted debe considerar. Sus precios son buenos y su ejecución es excepcional.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: M. Cecil Fontenot , Accordeons

Rick, what do you mean? Here's my transation of your statement:
"Oh you the individual speaking of Cecil! The man is fresh, for sure! I think that his accordions are really good quality and should be considered equal in any evaluation that you should consider. Their prices are good and their execution is exceptional".

My spannish is rusty. What do you mean by "fresco"?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: M. Cecil Fontenot , Accordeons

The man is fresh. He tried to kiss my wife.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: M. Cecil Fontenot , Accordeons

So did I, hope he had better luck.

Re: M. Cecil Fontenot , Accordeons Marque de Fabrique:

LOL!!!!

Reminds me of the Rodney Dangerfield joke, where Rodney complains his wife has cut him down to twice/month. His buddy says, "Hey, don't complain - I know some guys she's cut out altogether!"

Mr Gorsky - TRUE STORY - for Rick

Hey Rick, just got this one in from Rick Bockner in Canada.

The story of Mr Gorsky:

On July 20, 1969, as commander of the Apollo 11 lunar module, Neil Armstrong was the first person to set foot on the moon.

His first words after stepping on the moon “that’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind”, were televised to earth and heard by millions.

But just before he reentered the lander, he made the enigmatic remark 'good luck, Mr. Gorsky.'

Many people at NASA though it was a casual remark concerning some rival soviet cosmonaut.

However, upon checking, there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs.

Over the years many people questioned Armstrong as to what the 'good luck, Mr. Gorsky... Statement meant, but Armstrong always just smiled.

On July 5, 1995, in Tampa, Florida, while answering questions following a speech a reporter brought up the 26-year-old question to Armstrong. This time he finally responded.

Mr. Gorsky had died, so Neil Armstrong felt he could answer the question.

In 1938 when he was a kid in a small mid-west town, he was playing baseball with a friend in the back yard. His friend hit the ball, which landed in his neighbor's yard by the bedroom windows.

His neighbors were Mr. And Mrs. Gorsky. As he leaned down to pick up the ball, young Armstrong heard Mrs. Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky, 'sex! You want sex?! You'll get sex when the kid next door walks on the moon!' - True story

- nout

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

LOL!!!!

Reminds me of the Rodney Dangerfield joke, where Rodney complains his wife has cut him down to twice/month. His buddy says, "Hey, don't complain - I know some guys she's cut out altogether!"

Re: Mr Gorsky - TRUE STORY - for Rick

Nout, you are kidding, aren't you?

After his deed mr Gorsky died?

Gus

Re: Re: Mr Gorsky - TRUE STORY - for Rick

Whether the Gorsky theory is legit or if it's urban legend, it's good fodder for the water we all consume. I've heard the "good luck Mr. Gorsky" line referenced in the past, applied to many scenarios, but never knew the origin. Great story -- Hey, I'll buy it!

R!CK

Re: Re: Mr Gorsky - TRUE STORY - for Rick

well gus, i was told it was a TRUE story; i got from the story that he was dead (while doing it probably ?), setting spaceman free to come out with the truth ..........

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Nout, you are kidding, aren't you?

After his deed mr Gorsky died?

Gus

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!