Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new traditional cajun cd

For the ones who like trad cajun and a booming guitar (...), the new Cajun Company cd is one to be recommended.

On the website you can hear some samples (also a Polka tune that is from European origin definately), but some very good tunes (like tunes fiddle only) can be heard on the cd only.
Seems that W Savoy and K Wimmer contributed with their fiddles, but needlessly to say that the bands own fiddler is also top of the bill (right expression?).
( not to forget the guitar and p 'tit far players which have the right groove, imho)

Gus

Re: new traditional cajun cd

The CD presentation was great yesterday !!
I hope that this is the begin of more Cajun music in Paradiso,Amsterdam and all the other similar theaters in Hollland.

Looking to contact Kees and his band Cajun Comfort...

This will be my last post until I am in the Netherlands and I am looking forward to meeting all the Braves that live there and those who might be traveling over for the festival in Raamsdonksveer.

Kees Simons who had made a CD with a band called "Cajun Comfort." They recorded one of my tunes on it--One Step de Bashoot LeBlanc. I am hoping to meet him and any others in that band, but I haven't heard anything from them. If anyone knows him, please pass along that I would love to get together and visit and play music. Wilfred has my contact info.

See y'all in The Netherlands!

Re: Looking to contact Kees and his band Cajun Comfort...

Did send you an email directly. Looking forward to meet you.

Re: Looking to contact Kees and his band Cajun Comfort...

hi my name is micheal berzas i wanted ask about a show u did at the liberty theater it was a tribute to iry lejeune im trying to find a copy of it because my dad says u are the only one that can come close to playing like iry lejeune and he always talks about that one show so i wanted to get it for him for fathers day

some corrections

sorry for a mistake in my previous email. Not W. Savoy, but J Savoy contributed. (although the band and W jammed together in Saulieu last summer)
And It seems that I forgot to mention "the bands own accordion player", since there could be people thinking that this marvellous ol'time cajun playing could be done by others than Bas van der Poll

About the booming guitar: this lady has rythm, but on the cd I bought, it seems a little loud. (who mixed it?)Maybe I can return it for another copy.

Gus

Re: some corrections

Dirk Powell did the mixing.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!