Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Couldn't Find Gene's Accordion Photo, But...

Here are some fun ones. Somebody a while back was asking for photos of Sidney Brown accordions. I have photographed approximately twenty to twenty-five of the supposed seventy-two that he built. The first one here is the accordion that Lionel Cormier fell on and crushed when a heart attack killed him while playing at the Shamrock in Lake Charles. It was nicely rebuilt by Charlie Ortego. Charlie even used the original corners that were cut out of Clorox bottles.

This next accordion also belonged to Lionel, and both are now owned by Lionel's son, Lesa.

This pic is just for fun. Who can identify the young lad?

Re: Couldn't Find Gene's Accordion Photo, But...

The young lad is Steve Riley.

Re: Couldn't Find Gene's Accordion Photo, But...

I'm guessing Steve Riley. Are there valuable prizes? A hand carved accordion from the Buy You province maybe? The heat;s getting to me.

Steve

Re: Re: Couldn't Find Gene's Accordion Photo, But...

Ganey...thanks for going to the trouble of posting the accordion photos..
I'm going to re -study the photos but I'm interested in that big mic attachment on the second shot...Nathan Abshire style??
And that unfortunate history about Lionel Cormier ..way to go I suppose..tragic as it would have been for so many at the time.

Many thanks again, Ganey....look forward to some more photos at some stage.

Darryl.

Re: Re: Re: Couldn't Find Gene's Accordion Photo, But...

Darryl,
The microphone on the box is the same style I have and had bought from Larry Miller. It's a pretty nice system and sounds well. If you're interested, you probably could get one from Jay Miller in Iaota.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!