Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MARC SAVOY APPRECIATION PAGE

any one check out the MARC SAVOY APPRECIATION PAGE YET? just google it on MY SPACE and it pops up.

Re: MARC SAVOY APPRECIATION PAGE

Nice....

Good on Marc...

Makes the hands-down best Cajun accordions, period. Fathered a bunch of swell kids too. Grumpy as hell, but ya know, two out of three is pretty darn good! :- 0 Smiles all arouund when I say that... -L-

I couldn't find the page. Would you post the address?
Thanks,
Jerry

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=207779221

Re: Re: MARC SAVOY APPRECIATION PAGE

Things I most appreciate about Marc:
1) He's a legendary accordion player;
2) He's a legendary accordion builder;
3) He won't suffer fools gladly, but,
4) If you approach him from a genuine desire to listen and learn, he will give you all the time in the world and treat you will the same respect...he's a great teacher and rare person!

ALSO CHECK OUT WWW.MYSPACE.COM/POULLARDACCORDIONS

Poullard Accordions

Thanks for the heads up...the accordion on the left, with the very light face plates, is one Ed built for me last year. It plays as good as it looks, and I'm proud to own it.

Re: Poullard Accordions

What price range would a Poullard be nowadays?

Re: Re: Poullard Accordions

I believe he's in the $1600 area. I believe Danny Dyson is up to that price as well.

Has anyone been to the jams at SAVOY MUSIC CENTER lately or in the past? two weeks ago it was heaven there if you love cajun music.

anyone who isn't familiar with the story of the ACADIAN brand accordion needs to read PONDERINGS OF A REINCARNATED NEANDERTHAL. IT is a long article on the marc savoy appreciation page, but worth the read.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!