Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FS: Old Acadian, and also a fiddle

I've have two nice instruments up for grabs. The first is an Acadian that dates to the mid 80's, it's in the key of C, and has Salpa #1 reeds, some of the best reeds every built. It's in the key of C, dry tuned, and has one of the brightest sounds I've ever encountered. The cabinet is black lacquer with gold hardware, it makes it look older than the trees. I'm looking for no less than $1,600. It's getting a routine checkup right now over in Randy Falcon's workshop, so folks now in LA could probably try it out. Old Acadians are tough to come by as they are greatly in demand for their distinctive sound.
I also have a really nice fiddle that I'd like to sell, it's made by Xuantro Wang, an independent luthier in China, who builds everthing on his own. His daughter lives in Michigan and stopped by the store I work at to show off some of his work. Out of the 10 she showed me, I bought the best one for myself. I would keep it, but alas i've switched to using Hardanger fiddle for Cajun music. I'd like to get $800 which includes a really nice Hardshell case. If you need a bow I can pick one up from the music store I work at, I would prefer to keep my personal bows.

Re: FS: Old Acadian, and also a fiddle

send pics when you get any. thanks.

GLENN

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!