Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rendez-vous des Cajuns

Interesting "Rendez-vous des Cajuns" last weekend in Eunice (and on my PC)...
Jambalaya Cajun Band (including D.L. Menard) were playing Cajun songs with its (Country-) song where it came from...
I missed a few minutes (needed to replace some water) and when I came back I heard D.L. Menard singing his "Rebecca Ann". I wonder where that beautiful song came from (guess it must be a Hank Williams tune)...
Does anyone here remember?
Thanks!
Yves

Re: Rendez-vous des Cajuns

Rebecca Ann is a true story D.L. Menard wrote about his daughter. He composed it himself. Can't remember if I read that in Ann Savoy's book or I heard D.L. say it at a performance.

I have the episode on DVD. Let me know.
WF

how is your new accordion

Hi Yves, did you collect it?

Gus

Thanks Neal & WF!
So, Rebecca Ann is DL Menard's daughter and mother of Nelda (from the song "Hello, Nelda")...

Hi Gus, the accordion is not ready yet, but almost. I told Andre to take his time... I know he's very busy... By the way, he'll play in Europe (London, Denmark & Sweden) with Ray Abshire in October.

P.S.: Johnnie Allan used to have a cat named "Menard".

Yves

Re: Re: Rendez-vous des Cajuns

D.L Menard is one of the greats of Cajun music. It's always a fine thing to see and hear him play. He has written quite a few notable songs that people think have to be old standards. Kind of like Bob Dylan. Many people thought Blowing in the Wind was a cover of an old song.

Capt. E.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!