Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Raining cats & dogs at Balfa Heritage week this evening ..

Hello braves!

I'm emailing from my hotel room in Ville Platte.

Man, did we get some rain this evening! But, it was
dry for most of the day this Saturday.

Just wanted to mention that the food is great as is the music, jams and people.

I've run into many "Bravenetters" today as well.

What can I say; having a wonderful time, wish y'all were
here!

--bn

Re: Raining cats & dogs at Balfa Heritage week this evening ..

I can attest to the rain - over 3 inches in almost as many hours in L'Anse Grise, about 10 miles directly east of the Folk Roots fest. I was somewhat worried about you guys and hoping that everyone had place to get out of the rain. Things should be looking better for the rest of the week-end, and the rest of the week.

Have fun,

Dowell

East???? L'anse Grise a demanagé? Ou j'sus perdu?

Oops! That should be west, not east. Too many trips to the frig last night.

Dowell

Had a wonderful time visting with Blair Kilpatrick and Steve at Mark Savoys, Fred's Lounge in Mamou and then at Balfa Camp. Blair, thanks for the book.

Met Braves at Balfa Camp: Patrick O, David Bertrand, Jamie Hall and the "Original" Patrick. Visited again with Big Nick. Nick, that's a fine F accordion.

Played a little music with John D, Jerry and Judy Moody, Janet, Jonno Fritzburg and countless other wonderful musicians at the jam tent. What a wonderful turnout!

Looks like the weather will cooperate the rest of the week with a clear sky and moderate temps. Have a good time guys. I hope to drop in in a few days.

Had the same rain here in Austin about 12 hours ahead of LA. Pretty wet Friday night when Beausoleil was playing at the Old Settlers Music Festival. Got to see them again Sat afternoon for free at Ear Full of Sound record store. Got both Jimmy Breaux and David Doucet to sign the back of my fingerboard. Kinda cool.
Wish I was in LA with all the other Braves at Balfa. Say hi to Kenny Tweedy from Austin. He's supposed to bring back some new skills and tunes for us here.

Cpt. E

Had a wonderful time on Saturday--thanks so much, Kirk! It really made the day, to run into you at Marc Savoy's in the morning! Boudin, family place in Mamou, Fred's Lounge....then on to Balfa Camp.

So nice to meet up with other Braves, too :-)

Yes, that rain was amazing--hope you all survived it! We headed back to Eunice in the late afternoon, wanted to get back before the storm and also to catch the show at the Liberty Theatre.

More later...but have to get set for the painful re-entry to real life, day job, etc. Got back to CA late last night. :-(

--Blair

Blair,

I saw you briefly, but never got around to saying "Hi"

So, "Hi" .. Sorry I missed you in person ..

--bn

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!