Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Video

Guys, I know there are some who aren't fans of Wayne Toups, but I must say that he is the one who "brought me to the dance", had I not seen him playing 17 years ago, I don't that I would have ever had an interest for cajun music. Well as it seems, my journey into cajun music has come full circle ! The YouTube links above are of a concert that Wayne played last night in Texas that I brought my boys to, certainly not expecting to see what happened ! The last song of the night (which was Please Explain) was played using one of the very accordions that I built ! And I went not having a clue that he was using it ! Talk about knocked me off my feet, I can't describe how cool a feeling I got watching the same guy that sparked my interest now playing something that I built !

Didn't me to get sappy on you but just had to share the excitement !

Re: New Video

Now that's cool. How did he end up with it?

I can definitely appreciate watching one of your little kids up on stage.

Rusty San that was incredible. Like you, Wayne Toups did it for me about 15 years ago when he played in Philly. He does it all and really knows how to entertain. Please tell us the story of the accordion if you will. Thanks.

yeah that must have been cool seeing the master wayne toups playing an accordion you built. how did he get one of your boxes. he normally plays that song on his buzzard accordion.

I sold the accordion in September to a guy here in Lake Charles, he and Wayne are good friends, and I know that Wayne has played on it before but did not know that he had ever played it onstage with his band. Not sure why he didn't play the Buzzard, my intention is to call the guy who owns it tomorrow and find out why he was playing that one instead. Like I said before, just really cool, going out bringing my two sons with me just to have a good time and get a kick like that !

Didn't you ask him how he get the H6 ?
In my opinion he's one of the best players on the box.

Rusty was that box smuggled to Wayne while he was in jail so that he could play his way out??? No offense to either you or Wayne was a cajun joke that I just came up with

I concur with Rusty and many others. Toups was the reason I chose Falcon boxes. When I say Toups for the first time, I thought he made pullin' the box look like the coolest experience in the world. He was right.

~R!CK

Congrats Rusty. Looks like the Heritage name is up there with the big boys now.

Well I guess it was fate !!!! He just so happened to forget his B-flat at home and called Greg to borrow it on his way to the show... a show which I happened to go to ! Makes it that much more awesome !

Did you go introduce yourself afterwards? Or could you? Or does he know who you are already?

Geez, that really must have been an awesome feeling.

Ya but Rick goes to Jr Martin the master to get his other boxes miked. Rick buy the box from the Master Martin miked at the same time and I get a Commish dude

Rusty, that is a completely and utterly awesome story. I'd probably be walking about 3ft off the ground if I were you. Nice job.

Hey Rusty! Is that him playing your box in the vid? I was wondering if that was one of yours.

That is truly grand that he's using one of your accordions. I hope one day to try one of them :)

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!