Return to Website

Edaville Railroad Discussion Forum

Welcome to the Edaville USA Discussion Forum. This forum is open to anyone who wants to post a message, but the following rules apply: 1. All materials must be Edaville-related, whether current or historical; 2. Postings must be positive and upbeat and; 3. No personal attacks will be tolerated. The moderator reserves the right to delete postings and to ban people from using the discussion forum. Any blatant misuse of this discussion forum may result in this forum become a password-protected discussion group, which would require participants to be approved before posting mesages. PLEASE DO NOT MISUSE THIS DISCUSSION GROUP!

Edaville Railroad Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We love the place but......

Always enjoyable but, the rides are showing alot of wear and tear. It might be time for an overhaul before Christmas!!

Re: We love the place but......

Which rides are you refering to?

Re: Re: We love the place but......

At the time our flying elephant was having difficulty raising,(we did eat alot but not enough to disrupt dumbo). Their were two other elephants that were totally out of service also. The space capsule my son was in would not work at all, and at the very end of the ride it took off. I'm sure it is because of all the use. The ferris wheel was also closed due to the rain, obviously. No matter what the we had a great time and our the family memories come right back as soon as you cross over the tracks.

P.S. Did anyone see the fried oreo's?? Maybe at the festival of lights...

Re: Re: Re: We love the place but......

I noticed the same things as Gary when we were there during the cranberry festival. The elephants were showing some unnerving rust on the brackets underneath where the arms attach to the cars, and the ferris wheel is also showing a lot of rust and is in dire need of a paint job.

That being said we too had a good time as usual and will be back in December!

Rides

We repair the rides first to make sure they are all safe. Then we do the cosmetic work on them. I am sure you would agree that you want your children and yourself to be safe first and foremost.

As far as the elephants and astronauts not going up, I will check on that, no one reported a problem during the Cranberry Festival. There should not be a problem with them going up and down they have all received new hydraulic hoses this year along with the mechanism being rebuilt (this is work you probably would not notice).

The Ferris Wheel has had the proper NDT testing done on it and the painting is only cosmetic. Approx. 75% of the Ferris Wheel was painted during the spring. The rest is scheduled to be painted next spring (The rest requires a piece of equipment that can raise them up high enough to paint those areas).

Every year we try to repaint 2 to 3 rides.

Again Safety is our main priority.

I am glad you enjoyed the Cranberry Festival and hope to see you at Christmas.