Return to Website

NBSS79 Conference Room

Message board for the Organising Committee to have an offline discussion between meetings. This is not a substitute for urgent information dissemination which should still be done by phone and email.

NBSS79 Conference Room
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Invitation to first meeting to discuss school reunion gathering

Hi Tian Bey,

Thanks for that feedback. Harin will add her and Koon Seng into the list in our website. Is she or Koon Seng joining the organising committee? I think its OK to have a few more people.

I would like to hereby officially induct all of us into the Organising Committee. Perhaps, this is a good time to clarify the dynamics of our "movement", for want of a better word.(a bit "loose stool" but bear with me).

1. We started with a loose grouping of people almost all from 4ST starting an idea to have a reunion for the class.

2. This idea expanded to include everyone from the year since it was the Silver Jubille Year.

3. We set up the website and invite more people from all the classes to join the organising committee.

4. We notify everyone through various channels e.g website,e-mail etc about the endeavour..the process is set in motion.

5. The organising committee works out plans and disseminates info about the planned reunion and other activities leading up to it.

We now need to be clear about who does what and how so as to keep the inevitable miscommunications and misunderstandings to a minimum and maximise efficiency. At our next meeting we can all divide our responsibilities.

It is very, very important that we do not confuse information shared within the organising committee (about 10 odd people) with what is shared with everyone else (the 270 odd people).

Otherwise we will become vicitims of the other edge of the sword called e-mail. Misinformations and hoaxes could undermine our effort.

We need to reach out to all our batchmates in every possible way and point them to the website for information.

If we need to bring any of them into the organising committee then we will extend a warm welcome and share all information within the group.

Harin has suggested forming a separate "channel" for this on the website and perhaps we will expedite work on this.

Perhaps also we should put up information on the web about the Organising Committee and the Class Champions/Monitors and their photos as well so that they can get spotted in the supermarkets etc.

Thank you.

Hi All

Thank you all for volunteering for this wonderful cause!! The minutes of the 1st meeting is attached.I have taken some liberties with Chan Kai Foo (who was absent) in appointing him 4ST Network Champion. Lai Sui and Lalitha who were present for the first informal get together have been roped in.

Apart from the Chair and Vice Chair which were just used for the purpose of getting the process going the other official designations have not been fixed. We can always sort those little things out at our next meeting, tentatively scheduled for 11 Apr 04.

Please excuse the typo errors etc and do give feedback on issues discussed.

PS. To help us manage things effficiently and without unnecessary conflicts and misunderstandings please keep all correspondence related to the organisation such as minutes of our meetings confidential

Thanks & Regards
Anil

Hi All,

I have managed to book the conference room at Chong Pang CC (Jn of Yishun Ave 5 and Ring Road) from 3 to 5 pm on Sunday 11 Apr 04 for our 2nd meeting.

See you all there.

I will arrange for some packet drinks as I did the last time. If anyone wants to volunteer to bring some tidbits, curry puffs etc that would be most welcome. But let us know if you are else we might have too much food.

Cheers and see you on Sunday.

Thanks & Regards
Anil