Return to Website

Cambridge Hornets Forum

Welcome to the Cambridge Hornets Forum discussing Senior Hockey in Ontario and across Canada

Cambridge Hornets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: politics in hockey

Sometimes players who have not played as high a level do work harder, but is difficult to compare because certain players (such as Zezel) aren't nearly as fast as others but do bring so much else to the table such as a shot, puck control, passing and 'hockey sense' that it more than makes upfor his speed and makes it worth having a part time player.

There are pros and Cons to all types, sizes, shapes, etc of players, and this is what makes the GM's job so difficult. At the end of the day, we have to trust the GM to make the best decisions for the team, even if with do disagree.

Enjoy the games!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: politics in hockey

It's true i finished junior B 2 seasons ago and am in school where there is no college hockey team. Being from the hamilton area I tried to contact Dundas for a try out at the beginning of the year but never got a reply. I guess they like having a 7.00 GAA with their "pro" goalies.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: politics in hockey

Junior B guys don't finish checks and are afraid to get involved ---for the most part. Now some do get involved and play hard but it is rare. If you watch some of Cambridges junior B players they play the outside and rarely force a play through a hit. A lot of times it's because they are intimidated. There is always a reason why someone never makes it to the next level. For most Junior B guys it's the physical part of the game. Just watch the next Cambridge game to see the Junior B lines work along the boards. It's very loose.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: politics in hockey

Excluding Alan Wong.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: politics in hockey

Alan wong plays hard no doubt. Like I said it is not all of them. Those others are total cowards though at times. I would sit them if they played like that for me.