Return to Website

Cambridge Hornets Forum

Welcome to the Cambridge Hornets Forum discussing Senior Hockey in Ontario and across Canada

Cambridge Hornets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cuts

D'arcy Cox is probably the worst player i've ever seen in a Hornets uniform.He plays like a pylon!I can't imagine who he knows to get a tryout, but he should have never left the practice ice to go to a game and then play.I think you should post general tryouts when you're looking for players.I know Cambridge has better skaters in tyke then the skills or non-skills he brought to the ice.Thank you for cutting him.Now i won't mind paying ticket prices.

Re: cuts

My question is how did Bennett make it through the cuts. Sure he is willing to make checks but he is 95% of the time behind or ahead of the play.

Re: Re: cuts

You people who don't "understand" why Dana is on this team don't know a thing about hockey. Why is Donald Brashear in the NHL? Dana puts up with no crap and backs up his team mates from cheap shots and other garbage that players put out. He is one of the best guys in the room and nobody sees that. Get a clue for gods sakes. He pounded tow guys in one night in Dundas who would run around all night trying to slash, hack and irritate our best players and Dana punched them right in the mouth the second they tried to get tough. So go back to house league when the buzzer goes to end your two minute shift and figure it out. So stupid it amazes me.

To Barber...

Is your first name, Dennis?

Re: To Barber...

why is dana bennet on the hornet team--what a dumb question.you must play non contact somewhere to be critical of this player" if you cant beat them in the alley then----

Re: Re: To Barber...

Dana Rules!
That is all.

Re: To Barber...

At times I have asked myself the same question about Bennett. I guess the best way to view it is how the other players around him feel. If having that insurance policy on the bench makes the other players play better, I say you have to keep him.

There are a couple of other guys who can definately take care of things such as Robi, Wismer but These guys may be to important to the scoreboard to let leave the game.

Bennett is a good guy who definately gives 100% and the fact that the guys like him and want him around, there is no question he has to stay

Re: Re: To Barber...

I would hardley say Dana is insurance for his team mates. He is more of a liability to the whole team. however i'm sure the rest of the league appreciates him showing up every night. Has he even fought a heavy weight this year?

Re: Re: Re: To Barber...

Dana has never turned anyone down! And you may notice he is never out in key situations, so no he is not a liability.

He is a guy who knows his role and does it well. if he is asked to sit out a game, he will no questions asked and be at practice on time and busting his a$$.

I don't know him real well, but well enough that he would back up any player.

Re: Re: Re: Re: cuts

I noticed in our Brantford paper the names of cut players. It is kind of interesting who was let go. As a fan I try to make it out to as many games as possible. They let a really talented D man go who has played in europe for the last few years aswell as a young goalie who played excellent in the first half of the season and keeping games close when the blast wern't putting the puck in the net also he stole 2 points from the Hornets . Another D that has been in the league a while was gone too. I love to watch blast winning games now but suprised at who was cut there are less talented players who are still on the roster. I guess that's why i'm not the GM. Other teams in the league could benefit with any of these players. Should be an exciting 2 games this weekend. See you in Cambridge

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cuts

Can you let us in on who was cut in Brantford? Names if you can remember...thanks

Re: cuts

I'm glad everybody is talking about Dana Benette.Some of the opinions are correct of him.He will drop the gloves and go with anybody unarguably.But there is a time for all of that.Now this is where the coach comes in, he should know when to let the animal out of the cage.He should be limited to the amount of ice time through the coach.But when there's no enforcing to do and his fourth line skills are to check he should be able to do that also without getting a penalty!