Return to Website

Cambridge Hornets Forum

Welcome to the Cambridge Hornets Forum discussing Senior Hockey in Ontario and across Canada

Cambridge Hornets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Last Nite in Aylmer

Happened to be visiting my Aunty Mame down in Burgessville so I decided to pop on over and take a peak at the 'Action in Aylmer'.

Hornets win the 1st 2-0 & lose the 2nd 3-0 so that end of 2 the Hornets are down 3-2. You would have thought that between an early 3rd per. Aylmer tally and a disallowed Cambridge goal that the Yellow and Black might just have faded, especially with a short bench.

It was with 13 mins to player that "character" showed up and they re-invented fire. Dionne scores the 1st of 2 on the night and then Dionne sets up Rice cutting across the net during a pp and low and behold
"all things are new again". The score is tied at 4.

During the OT Torch comes up REALLY BIGGGGGG when the Blues play "crash & Shoot". Clark & Glover have golden opportunities only to be thwarted by the "lit up Torch". After playing 3 mins in the Cambr. end the puck is moved quickly out of the zone and we find Dionne parked at the aylmer face-off circle and a rocket scores.

The invisible player "Character" showed up and won the day. The Yellow & Black are going to have to rely on character as the play a home & home with the Blast.

Nitro tells me he's going to keep his big mouth shut from here on in; except when there's a sausage to be had.

Scrawler

Re: Last Nite in Aylmer

That road win was a litmus test for the Hornets. We've got plenty of talent, however, our work ethic as a team has been somewhat hit and miss of late. Great efforts by Rice, Kerr and Wong as well as a few others. I wouldn't say the tide has completely turned but I think that this team can now see what it takes to win. We showed some real character but we've got two important games against a hot Brantford team this week.